way too many donuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This officer is overweight, dimples in his hands and possibly a calcium deficiency of the fingernails, and the red slick sunglasses says he has an identity problem...but he really needed to call for backup, smashing of a window, I am not sure that is the way to do things,,,,I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
This officer is overweight, dimples in his hands and possibly a calcium deficiency of the fingernails, and the red slick sunglasses says he has an identity problem...but he really needed to call for backup, smashing of a window, I am not sure that is the way to do things,,,,I could be wrong.
You are. These guys are getting killed in the line of duty and YOU whine about what you think is his weight? The law HERE is failure to identify yourself when asked by an officer is obstruction. The courts don't have a problem with the statute.

Last edited:
OP...can you provide some follow-up on this case? What were the findings of the court and perhaps any response from the officer's superiors?
Or is this just a Saturday morning troll post?

Last edited:
Yep, you're wrong. FTI is a misdemeanor, a traffic offense technically speaking is a misdemeanor. Even speeding. So, when he fails to identify, the officer must take him into custody. I forgot just how anti-police you are. Just remember, police are people too, and deserve the same respect that anyone else deserves.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
I forgot just how anti-police you are. Just remember, police are people too, and deserve the same respect that anyone else deserves.

Exactly..."Yes Officer..here is my ID"
To the OP:
Trolling.gif

You don't win a traffic stop at the scene, you beat it in court. If the guy really thought he was in the right, he should accept the ticket and take his issue to court. At most, he should state his case while complying with the request to identify himself and provide proof of insurance. He kept asking the officer "Do you have a warrant for my arrest?" the officer doesn't know yet because he hasn't identified the individual in the car. All the officer knows is that there isn't a warrant for the owner of that vehicle, but he's yet to verify the driver is the owner.

Think about it, how quick would the crime rate rise if every time an officer stopped somebody they took legal advice from the person they stopped.

I would love to get an update about this to see how the courts ruled on it.

I'm with the police officer on this one. OP's comments on officer's weight and speculated medical condition are irrelevant.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
..but he really needed to call for backup,

So then the backup officer could have smashed the windows?
Totally off subject, but I wish I could have gotten a picture of what I saw a few years ago. On the way to work, I saw a box truck in a parking lot with the back door up. The truck was filled from the floor to almost the ceiling with Krispy Kreme donuts (Everybody here got them or are they a local thing?) and a few kids and a couple of adults were selling them as a fund raiser. Two overweight (of course!) cops had pulled up to purchase donuts and each one was holding several boxes during an obvious transaction. There is simply no way to describe the scene.
I swear I could have posted the photo online and it would have gone viral.

As a condition of operating a motor vehicle on public roadways, you're required to provide your driver's license and proof of insurance upon the request of a law enforcement officer. Failure to do so is a crime, which then means the officer must take the offender into custody. If the offender is not compliant, it becomes necessary for the officer to use force to take the offender into custody. In this case, the force needed was to break the window so the offender could be removed from the vehicle and taken into custody.

After all the issues that have transpired in the past, i dont understand why people want to be difficult with law enforcement. I think its an underappreciated profession and requires lots of hard work. Having to deal with people in general is annoying. Seems like people have a need to rock the boat. Now what would of happened if the guy gave his license and insurance? Thered be no video or discussion.

This [censored]-clown crybaby was speeding and knew it. He needs to remove his dad's pacifier from his mouth,man up and accept his ticket,and get over himself.

The driver was a fool but not because he was technically wrong, but he didn't take it to court. He explained Texas law correctly, but instead of then complying with the officers requests, and taking it to court, he resisted arrest.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Two overweight (of course!) cops had pulled up to purchase donuts and each one was holding several boxes during an obvious transaction.

Haha that would've made a classic avatar pic!!

I couldn't watch that whole thing, :30 sec in and I wanted to shoot the driver.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I couldn't watch that whole thing, :30 sec in and I wanted to shoot the driver.

Same, but I lasted only 20 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back