Any Collective Soul Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like their song "Heavy", and became accustomed to it from hearing it on Sirus/XM Lithium. Long story short, my brother bought me their CD "7Year Itch", and it's a great compilation. Any fans?

I've seen them countless times in concert. One of the few bands out there that aren't a gimmick or use one.
Their first couple albums were decent however today to me it all sounds the same.
December was a good tune. Most of that cd was pretty good.

Yes, I don't listen to them much anymore, but they are great and I have always liked them. I loved their self titled album with the swirl design on the cover. Great album.

I have one of there CDs. Though I am not sure which one. My BIL knew one of the band members years ago. I like them.

thumbsup2.gif

Some of my favorite songs from the 90's. Vivid memories of cruising around in my Neon listening to this!

CS is/was a great band, I saw them open for Van Halen on the first show of the Balance tour in Pensacola back in 1995. The first CS album was good but I like their other albums better. They have not done a lot since about 2009 or 2010 I believe. They played a free show here in Orlando back in about 2008 but that was the last time I know of them being on tour. They also released a live album/CD with the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra, it is called "Home" which was pretty good. I know back maybe in 2007 or 2008 the original lead guitarist had an affair with the singer Ed Roland's wife. They kicked him out of the band and the drummer went with him. Or maybe it was the drummer who had the affair, either way both left the band and I do not know if they have an official drummer yet, they picked up a guy named Joel to play lead guitar, I don't know his last name but he is very good. I would love to hear something new from CS. If you like CS, check out Ed Roland and the Sweet Tea Project. It is not quite the same sound as CS, but is similar in some respects. As far as I know they only released one album. I remember previewing it on Itunes or Ed Roland's site but I never did buy it.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I really like their song "Heavy", and became accustomed to it from hearing it on Sirus/XM Lithium. Long story short, my brother bought me their CD "7Year Itch", and it's a great compilation. Any fans?

I could hardly call myself a fan, but I do like Gel. Listening now .. thanks.
grin.gif

I do not like to drag up an old post but this fits best here. I just saw online that CS has a new album coming out on October 2. Three of the new songs are on Youtube, and you can also hear all three songs in a playlist on the CS web site. I just listened to all 3 songs myself and they are very good, they remind me of the Blender album. CS is also starting a pretty extensive tour on Sept. 29th. The dates are on their site as well. It is not often I talk up a band this way but CS is one of my favorites. It is great to hear new music from them again, they are one of the much more talented bands out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back