Pure one cut no tears PL10241

Status
Not open for further replies.
ran 9K, 21 months all looked fine. Mobile 5-30, towing and street and off road. The seam was spread pretty wide but no tears. I uses an O ring removal probe and worked the pleats over good and I am positive nothing is torn. If I could just copy and paste the pics I would but if I have to sign up for a photo sharing service I,m out. Date code is F08D13D2

Date code is F08D13D2

Your filter was made August 13, 2012. Most of the failures occurred in 2014 and late 2013 build dates. What car was it installed on? What did you replace it with?

You do not have to sign up for an account on imgur
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Date code is F08D13D2

Your filter was made August 13, 2012. Most of the failures occurred in 2014 and late 2013 build dates. What car was it installed on? What did you replace it with?

You do not have to sign up for an account on imgur
smile.gif

So it's not enough that a P1 have no tears, it has to be the correct VINTAGE as well? Does the OCOD have a vintage too?

Last edited:
If I cant copy and paste it's not happening LOL...
Just look at any pureone that is not torn and pretend its mine hahahaha

Last edited:
Just to point out this filter was suppose to be changed at 3K or one year per Purolator. So 6K and 9Mo over is not bad.

^^^ I bet your owner's manual doesn't say change oil and filter at 3K.

The fine print and the warranty on just about all brands of filters says to follow your owners manual. Even the warranty on the Ultra says owners manual and not 15K.

Originally Posted By: Skanky
Just to point out this filter was suppose to be changed at 3K or one year per Purolator. So 6K and 9Mo over is not bad.

That's not true. If it was true then Puro would be an epic fail for not being able to produce a filter that can meet the OEM warranty requirements like all the other filter manufacturers.

look at their website, 3K or one year on the pure one. I just read it I didn't invent it. And per the owners manual and the oil change indicator it still had 27% life left, if you believe those that is.

Originally Posted By: Skanky
look at their website, 3K or one year on the pure one. I just read it I didn't invent it. And per the owners manual and the oil change indicator it still had 27% life left, if you believe those that is.
http://www.pureoil.com/warranty.htmhttp://framcatalog.com/Docs/FRAM/FRAMWarranty_050714.pdf Links to Purolator and Fram warranty.

The problem with the mileage statement is there are two sides to it. If it is just simply go by your owners manual, they would have to know every owners manual in the world, and more, they wouldn't have to say 3k. But they do say 3k and that's the confusion. They can't possibly warranty the filter in every old sludged heap on the road for 15k if the owners manual says it. Not a clear statement. Which means you will never collect a nickel if you try and sue them. That's why I still say they actually mean 3k advice, or less if the owners manual say it.

They certainly don't intend to warranty every sludged up heap on the road. Someone with a vehicle with shoddy maintenance is going to have a great deal of difficulty going after a filter manufacturer if something goes south coincidental to a filter failure on a beater, despite the OCI being short or long. Their warranty statement, already linked, states, "This warranty DOES NOT COVER any product that has been subjected to misuse, neglect, negligence or accident, or that has been improperly maintained, operated or installed." The means, to me, no junkers with questionable maintenance issues and no oversizing or undersizing or crosses to a cross to a cross.

The wording of 3,000 miles or OEM interval is on their site. On their PureOne page, it states, "Purolator PureONE oil filters should be replaced every 3,000 miles or 3 months depending on the driving conditions - or unless otherwise specified by the vehicle's manufacturer." The Classic page says nothing about miles. Then again, neither page mentions tears, either.

The 3,000 mile mention might have looked impressive perhaps 40 years ago; now it's just subject to derision. I don't need a filter manufacturer mentioning tiny, historic OCIs. If a filter isn't up for an OEM OCI on a modern vehicle, don't specify it for a modern vehicle.

Why don't they just remind us to adjust or replace our points at every oil change? It's as out of place as that embarrassing 3,000 mile mention.

OK I caved in to the voices in my head and with help from you guys I posted all the pics from the cuts this weekend. Thanks.

Now three more puro success stories. I guess I just came to late and missed all the puro failures or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back