how clean of an oil ca yu go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil rates its oil has the highest amount of cleaner installed in its processing

I'm am interested in the conventional oil only. could this oil eventually loosen up
particles of sludge in the motor and have them even in do time clog up the small oil passages.
15.gif

Two equally slugged/neglected engines..

Fill one with the new pennzoil
Fill the other with diesel

Any given time span, minutes, hours, days etc etc e one filled with fuel oil will be cleaner after draining.

Any cleaning an oil will do will do it slowly. Its first job is lubrication. It's not a solvent like many seem to think it is, especially PYB.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Any cleaning an oil will do will do it slowly. Its first job is lubrication. It's not a solvent like many seem to think it is, especially PYB.
+1

Originally Posted By: Olas

Any given time span, minutes, hours, days etc etc e one filled with fuel oil will be cleaner after draining.

HOWEVER YOU SHOULDNT REALLY USE A DIESEL OIL IN A GAS ENGINE? RIGHT?

Last edited:
[size:14pt]
Bottom_Feeder said:

They the advertiser's say the Pennzoil removes 40% of the sludge within the very first oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: snake123
Originally Posted By: Olas

HOWEVER YOU SHOULDNT REALLY USE A DIESEL OIL IN A GAS ENGINE? RIGHT?

Diesel fuel is an oil, and also very solvent. Fill to the brim. Leave it overnight, dump it out and everything will be spotless.
Fill with new pennzoil, leave it overnight and drain and it'll still be the same colour.

OP was asking about the cleanest oil - brand new they should all be equally clean but what I thought he meant was "which oil has the best cleaning ability'? To the best of my knowledge it's diesel.

Have a look at my valves..nothing but group 3 synthethics. All of them have good cleaning power
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3226986/9_+years_on_synthetic_oil,_Val#Post3226986

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back