LED signs on trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving down RT-9 in the CT river valley after dark and it appears a mile ahead of me some sort of illuminated truck.

As I approach it, it is clear 3 complete sides of the truck are covered with LED screens and are showing rolling advertisements.

It was like a Fuso or NPR type vehicle; I have no pics as I'm not a gadget person.

I guess this is another distraction for the driver to deal with; not exactly looking forward to when every truck on the road is covered with these either, unless I am stuck in traffic and one starts showing Life of Brian or something.

Bad idea IMO; I agree, another distraction that drivers (bad ones especially!) don't need.

Contrast with the thread a couple months ago (couldn't find it) where the back end of the truck had a screen showing what was in front of the truck to allow for safe passing.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Bad idea IMO; I agree, another distraction that drivers (bad ones especially!) don't need.

Contrast with the thread a couple months ago (couldn't find it) where the back end of the truck had a screen showing what was in front of the truck to allow for safe passing.
I remember seeing that (not sure if here or somewhere else).
Pretty cool, basically a huge OLED screen on the back of the truck with a camera on front, almost like the truck is not there (and I am sure that someone will hit it saying they did not see it).

A few of the "adult entertainment" establishments run rolling billboard trucks around sporting events advertising after game entertainment options.

Haven't seen LED options, just a billboard with ads on both the left and right sides.

I guess someone sees them on the highway driving to the downtown sports venues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back