Gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
$1.98 Costco this morning. No complaints. Thanks oil companies.

Why aren't the evil oil industry/traders/speculators driving the prices up???

Hoping Grampi answers that question.

Fixed for you.

When price went up those evils were the reason, when price went down the same evils tried to get consumers to buy gas guzzler SUV's to increase demand for gas then raise price later.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
evils were the reason, when price went down the same evils tried to get consumers to buy gas guzzler SUV's to increase demand for gas then raise price later.

Yep you are blaming industry and traders when the prices are higher than you want to pay. But now its those evil folks that are trying to drive up demand...you must be a robot..Can't recall anyone twisting my arm to buy a gas guzzler....you are a riot.
crackmeup2.gif

I will be laughing all the way to the gym.
smile.gif

Last edited:
evils were the reason, when price went down the same evils tried to get consumers to buy gas guzzler SUV's to increase demand for gas then raise price later.

Yep you are blaming industry and traders when the prices are higher than you want to pay. But now its those evil folks that are trying to drive up demand...you must be a robot..Can't recall anyone twisting my arm to buy a gas guzzler....you are a riot.
crackmeup2.gif

I will be laughing all the way to the gym.
smile.gif

1/3 of what we pay for gas is due to speculation.
demand/supply has NOTHING to do with it.
I won't be surprised if we find out that big oil has been paying Nigerian terrorists to blow up oil pipelines etc.
Remember the oil filled super tanker floating in the sea when oil price dropped in 2009.
unfortunately it is the biggest transfer of wealth and it is a dirty game.

Originally Posted By: stockrex

I won't be surprised if we find out that big oil has been paying Nigerian terrorists to blow up oil pipelines etc.

You are totally clueless and wrong. But some people are convinced that a plane didn't fly into the Pentagon. Nothing surprises me any more.

You are totally clueless and wrong. But some people are convinced that a plane didn't fly into the Pentagon. Nothing surprises me any more.

The corporate evildoers are everywhere, even at your GYM! Expect conspiracy...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

lol...I'll be alert
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

lol...I'll be alert
cheers3.gif

They will be dressed in Black, and they aren't actually humans, they are the Reptilian alienoid beings in their shape, you can tell because the face is missing things human faces have and their skin is snake-like, they also don't have the right body proportions.

MIB.png

Quote:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bcToNxPvZAE/hqdefault.jpg

Quote:
Maryland-based Aerial Phenomen Investigations Team (API) released a footage showing a unique physical feature of men in black. The strange looking men dressed in all black received attention when they enter on a hotel. The employees initially thought that they were twins. These men were captured on a security camera of the hotel when they entered the lobby in a straight strut.
mib
Hotel’s employees who talked to the men described them as tall, extremely pale skin and no visible facial hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. Employees were shocked to find out that these men have big blue eyes that somewhat hypnotized them. They mentioned that these men in black did not blink even once.
This is surely a strange story from the hotel’s employees. Could this be real or just another work of some guys looking to create situation just for laughs?

More info in the video!

Not only that, but your phone will mysteriously stop working, as will every car on the block when you go out to drive away. Yet the power in the gym will remain unaffected, but their phones and Internet will be down.

OK how did I do there....

You big oil cheerleaders crack me up! Claiming the industry is this squeaky clean business that never does anything wrong or unethical, and has no control over prices...when one refinery in IN goes down and prices jump all over the entire Midwest 60 cents a gal overnight, don't give me this garbage they're all on the up and up...I've got a bridge in MA I'll sell you real cheap!

Last edited:
I ran this in a spread sheet a while back. I took a collection of fuel volumes from 0.05 to 10.00 gallons and looked at the rounded prices in 0.05 gallon increments, or 201 values.

It works out to about a $0.05 advantage to the station over those 201 sales when you round the price to the nearest penny.

I.E. if gas is $0.299/gallon and you buy 0.05 gallons, the calculated price is $0.01495, you should pay $0.01, advantage to you for about a half a cent.

On the other side if you buy 9.95 gallons at the same price, the calculated price will be $2.97505 which will be rounded up to $2.98, giving the station that approximately half a cent advantage.

In the 201 values I examined, the total advantage was about $0.05 to the station when you add all the plus and minus values for those purchases.

It's not going to make anyone rich.

From 0.05-5.00 gallons the advantage is generally yours to the tune of about $0.025 over the 101 values. From 5.05-10.00 gallons, the advantage goes to the station. Which means the advantage to the station is $0.075 for the 100 values from 5.05-10.00 gallons.

Not that it's life changing money. I doubt it would add up to a dollar over the course of a year for the typical consumer.

But this is why I suspect they use the 9/10ths of a cent, to try to win a bit more in the rounding of the price.

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
Gas $2.059 a gallon down the street, CASH OR CREDIT.

Why do they still do the 9/10th of a cent..

Originally Posted By: grampi
Claiming the industry is this squeaky clean business that never does anything wrong or unethical,

Care to quote where one of us said this?? Didn't think so....Thanks.

Last edited:
You big oil cheerleaders crack me up! Claiming the industry is this squeaky clean business that never does anything wrong or unethical, and has no control over prices...when one refinery in IN goes down and prices jump all over the entire Midwest 60 cents a gal overnight, don't give me this garbage they're all on the up and up...I've got a bridge in MA I'll sell you real cheap!

There are 3 major players in this: oil company, distributor/middleman and retail gas station. Who raised the price overnight ?

Gas station doesn't buy gas every morning, some get fill up their storage tanks one or twice a week.

Gas station raised the price overnight to anticipate price hike on the next fill up.

Distributor/middleman raised their price on the next fill up for anticipate price hike when supply is scared and demand unchanged, other distributors will bid up the price.

Oil company is happy sell to highest bidder(s) on the next shipment.

Clearly the overnight price hike was the individual retailers.

I wish you would quit bringing valid facts into this discussion.

Just spent $2.40/gallon feeding the TDI, cheapest diesel i could find. RUG still about 2.59 here in UT

There are 3 major players in this: oil company, distributor/middleman and retail gas station. Who raised the price overnight ?

Gas station doesn't buy gas every morning, some get fill up their storage tanks one or twice a week.

Gas station raised the price overnight to anticipate price hike on the next fill up.

Distributor/middleman raised their price on the next fill up for anticipate price hike when supply is scared and demand unchanged, other distributors will bid up the price.

What's the difference, they're all part of the industry...

Claiming the industry is this squeaky clean business that never does anything wrong or unethical,

Care to quote where one of us said this?? Didn't think so....Thanks.

It's implied...and you stick up for the industry every time you post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back