Drunk tech joyriding in customer car @ dealership!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I don't really see much, other than poor singing.

That's because the tech DISCONNECTED the dash cam for most of the time he had the car. I can't think of any reason he would have done that other than to HIDE his worst actions during the time he had the customer's car over a period of days.

It's nothing unusual to run the car pretty hard during a test drive, especially if investigating an oil consumption issue.

What bothers me is the lack of professionalism from the tech. I don't think any issue warrants a tech taking a car home on the weekend, and you don't put your kid in it and go on a joyride.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Italian tune up.... pretty common in those parts. Good ol' days of blowing the carbon out of the engine

Engine was finally broken in...

New dealership memo... disconnect or cover dash cams

BTW, Tasca employees have gone downhill over the years. But, its expected. Just take a look around at the next generations.

And, the owner should trade in his 3 for a Prius.

Gotta go. Need to abuse either my Camry or Sonata during my commute. They are driven 10/10ths every day.

yeah Italian tune-up....right....real useful.

I can't believe anyone on here (of all places!) is defending this! This is nothing more than a joyride. From listening to the "shop foreman", I question his ability to diagnose anything.

The moron wasn't even smart enough to notice the camera until the little kid pointed it out.

Originally Posted By: Subdued
There are people here defending this idiot?

What in the actual [censored] is wrong with some of you?

yes, very strange. Like borrowing out my car to my moronic BIL for the weekend...lol

Last edited:

Agree, no excuse to for this to have happened. You people defending this douche bag, let me borrow your car for a weekend.

If actually been drinking alcohol he should be offered an option of getting outside help or getting fired. He should NOT be driving customer vehicles and reduced to rotating tires etc. Ed

Why? Because the person who created thus decided that criminalizing someone's actions so they could generate more activity on their article was more important than a balanced opinion. Folks are not claiming this guy was a saint and everything was perfect, but some are trying to balance the pitchfork waving crowd on here who say exactly what they wanted to see and are now screaming '[censored] right, dealerships are evil' at their computer screen.

Why, because when something is posted around here that shows dealerships in a bad light these folks get up in arms more than the die hard Rush Limbaugh fanatics.

Wrong? Yes. Abusive to the vehicle? Good possibility.

As sensational and destructive as the owner/media are making it out to be? No.

Extended drivetrain warranty? Definitely called for.

Bumper to bumper? New tires? Early failure of shocks? GTFO.

This is why I don't like leaving my 2014 Mustang GT at the dealer for anything that I can't wait for.

I've had to do this twice and even though I can't prove it, I believe someone from the dealer did something similar to my car when I had it in to get the rear bumper repainted after the dealer damaged it.

This dealer's sales manager was [censored] at me for giving them a bad review for lying to me and ended up throwing me off the lot. This was on the day I picked the car up after the repair.

The car had 8 unexplained miles on it as well as not long after, I developed a rear end whine and the dealer I later went to for service told me my rear tires were severely out of round after I complained of excessive tire noise.

One day I went to a Ford dealer to look at the new 15 Mustangs and a bunch of the employees were moving around all of the used Mustangs. These guys were driving these cars like they were mad at them. Punching the gas and then braking rear fast. I can only imagine what goes on when you can't see them.

If I ever caught dealer staff hot rodding my car, there would be [censored] to pay.

Wayne

Employee redlines the engine - absolutely unacceptable, not a diagnostic technique. This alsoindicated a total lack of
Professionalism in the general operating atmosphere at the dealer
Employee takes vehicle to home and puts child in car - absolutely unacceptable, also has to be a violation of delaership insurance coverages
Employee drives dangerously and accelerates aggressively in residential areas - police should be more than interested in citing him for unreasonable and imprudent driving or some kind of demonstration of power violation

A customer paid [censored] good money for that car. The employeed should be canned and video shown to police.
Id pay a personal visit to his vehicle for my pound of flesh. Think about this guy when he finds a lost wallet, the guy is a roach. And to imagine that somebody's daughter has to wash his underwear and caveman hands on her.

Customer's a whiner. No clear winner. If he gets in a position of authority at his work he'd probably spend the day reading his employees' emails because he's such a clever spy.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Wrong? Yes. Abusive to the vehicle? Good possibility.

As sensational and destructive as the owner/media are making it out to be? No.

Extended drivetrain warranty? Definitely called for.

Bumper to bumper? New tires? Early failure of shocks? GTFO.

The article is taking place in Connecticut, so this New Englander is also partaking in attempting to blow things up as much as possible.

The OP of the article (car owner) would probably demand a new car, at some point, because of this "evidence" he feels he has.

CT and MA... Land of entitlements. Just a slightly more Western implementation of a "Masshole."

I'll take 10 special price coffees and then take your whole store for free in condiments for my purchases and home, way more than anyone else does and way more than could possibly go in the coffees, for no extra payment from myself even for these numerous and costly extra items, because my money is more important than the next customer's, and you better not question me. = Masshole mentality.. *translate this to this article: "You'Re on video being rough with my car, i'll take a new car, replacement tires for life, free waxes, free fill-ups, and you are gonna pay my insurance for life too. Because your employee was caught disrespecting my ride."

Though, if the oil was at full operating temperature, then the car is probably ok..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
The employeed should be canned and video shown to police.

I agree because if the employee had the car outside of work hours on the road without the permission of the owner he should be charged with grand theft auto, and endangering the life of a child/child abuse.

Originally Posted By: Tosh
NEW turbo AND it's now properly broken in? Sounds like a win-win! Why is the weenie owner complaining?

Properly broken in? What a joke. How do you know the engine was NOT already "properly broken in"...lol. Trust me, if the car has 5000 miles on it, it's broken in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back