Teen Drives Power Wheel to Class After DWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gathermewool

Site Donor 2023
Genius or moron, what do you think?

Quote:
A Texas college student who lost her license when she was charged with a DWI this spring found a creative way of getting around campus. Tara Monroe, 20, is a student at the University of Texas at Austin. She had her driver's license automatically suspended when she refused a breathalyzer test after leaving a Waka Flocka concert on March 4. He dad took her car away and left her with a bike. But that just wasn't classy enough for Monroe.

"Riding a bike around campus sucks," she told MySA.com. "Like really sucks."

She searched Craigslist to find an alternative and settled on a bright pink Fisher-Price Barbie Jeep Power Wheel toy to help lug her stuff around campus. She named it after the original owner, a little girl named Charlene. The unorthodox ride has turned Monroe into a minor celebrity. Pictures of her slowly making her way around campus in the toy car have been popping up on social media.

"This is the best way I could have gotten my 15 minutes of fame," she said. "Basically, it was the best decision I've made in college, yet..." The Barbie Jeep has a 12-volt battery and only goes about five miles per hour. Monroe says she loves the attention she is getting from her immature hijinks.

If you enjoy the sight of adults crammed into Power Wheels check out our attempt to cruise around the Autoblog office in a tike-sized Ford F-150.
Original Story

Suddenly I'm struck with the urge to return my degrees from UT... :-/

IOW, I vote "moron." And that's just for getting a DWI in the first place, let alone her solution.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

I don't know if she's a genius or moron, but I bet she's fun to be around.

Originally Posted By: R80RS

Until you have to buy her broke [censored] drinks lol

I guess when a court decides to take someone's DL, they should specify if the person may also not use other vehicles such as a skateboard, roller blades, bicycle or pedal car, a non-motorized scooter, any motorized vehicle like a toy car or powered uniwheel etc.

She's probably an attention [censored] deep down. Or maybe she's just lazy, or a lazy attention [censored].

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger

Until you have to buy her broke [censored] drinks lol

That's just the cost of romance, however brief it may be.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Moron, what kind of moron drives drunk in the first place?

Two glasses of wine or 2 beers with dinner classify as DUI....

OMG! You like mean,I have to like,ride a like,bicycle? Like,what are all my Facebook friends going to think if I'm seen on a bicycle?? Like,totally OMG!! DADDY!!!!!!

Moron.
You can still get another DUI/OVI in a power wheel. Esp if she's using public roadways. (Not to mention holding up traffic)

Then there's the way she lost her license, refusing a breathalyzer after leaving a Waka Flocka concert. Can/Do breathalyzers even test for weed?

Big daddy needs to cut her off the payroll and drop her off at McDonald's to fill out a job application,then have her walk home when she's done (or carry a bicycle in the trunk for her to ride home).

She does seem like fun. I regret searching for deep relationships with the opposite sex while I was in college instead of pursuing superficial romances with women such as this.

I just watched the video and the ad that played before the actual video was a sales ad for tequila! haha!

Originally Posted By: Leo99
She does seem like fun. I regret searching for deep relationships with the opposite sex while I was in college instead of pursuing superficial romances with women such as this.

+1 my similar regret in college.....

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Moron or not. She exercised her rights as she saw fit. I at least have to give her a thumbs up for that.

Sorry, but that has got to be about moronic of an answer as this young woman's action. We always have to exercise our right in making a decision. It's impossible not to. Even exercising our right to take no action at all is still exercising our right as we see fit.

Serial killers and child rapists exercise their right as they see fit. Should we give them a thumbs up for doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back