Valvoline V0-106 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: kschachn
I like my Honda a lot, nearly as much as the Toyotas. Tell me what's wrong with it?

It's not 'Merkin made?
34.gif

Lmao, it sure is. As is the Sienna.

I like my Honda a lot, nearly as much as the Toyotas. Tell me what's wrong with it?

It's not 'Merkin made?
34.gif

Lmao, it sure is. As is the Sienna.

Based upon Japanese design.
34.gif

What kind of rice do you put in the tank, white, brown, yellow?
grin.gif

I did notice you have a great import car in your signature; the BMW. Being that I am half German (my mother was from Germany) I have to say that it is "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!"
Oh, and Mercedes as well!
thumbsup2.gif

34.gif

grin.gif

I did notice you have a great import car in your signature; the BMW. Being that I am half German (my mother was from Germany) I have to say that it is "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!"
thumbsup2.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love driving the BMW. But in terms of longevity and reliability there is no comparison between the BMW and the Asian cars. The "Superior German Engineered" components on the BMW look far more robust and substantial compared to the Japanese counterparts, but in real life the reliability is quite poor. I've spent more money to get the BMW to where it is at today than the other three combined - and that's not due to part costs as BMW parts are quite reasonable when purchased online.

I'm not busting your chops on the whole import thing. Just realize that there is a reason I have three Asian cars in my sig, it wasn't random. Up until I got those cars nearly everything I owned was "American". I just didn't realize that a car didn't have to break all the time.

Oh and you do realize that Japanese design and American design are far more similar than they are different, right? The design philosophy is much closer together than say for the BMW.

34.gif

grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love driving the BMW. But in terms of longevity and reliability there is no comparison between the BMW and the Asian cars. The "Superior German Engineered" components on the BMW look far more robust and substantial compared to the Japanese counterparts, but in real life the reliability is quite poor. I've spent more money to get the BMW to where it is at today than the other three combined - and that's not due to part costs as BMW parts are quite reasonable when purchased online.

I'm not busting your chops on the whole import thing. Just realize that there is a reason I have three Asian cars in my sig, it wasn't random. Up until I got those cars nearly everything I owned was "American". I just didn't realize that a car didn't have to break all the time.

Oh and you do realize that Japanese design and American design are far more similar than they are different, right? The design philosophy is much closer together than say for the BMW.

kschachn, I am just having fun with you. But, I do believe you about the BMW vs the Asian cars in cost to repair them.
I have owned a few Nissan's in my life. My son owns a 1996 Toyota Corolla with 230K miles on it and it only burns a qt. of oil every 1700 miles.
Check this out. When I moved to FL in 1987 my then wife owned a Datsun 210. She bought a new car and I took the 210. After a few alterations, I installed a SBC 327! I used a Ford 9" rear end with a Muncie 4 speed trans and a Hurst shifter. I installed a straight axle in front and ran it without a hood. I never ran it at a track but you better believe it was BADA**!
So, as you can see, I really don't have anything against imports. But, I do have a problem with Honda's recommendation on using an oil filter twice.
"One Filter, One OCI!"

The level that some people are full of themselves is amazing.
YOU must be a joy to live with, humor man.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Purolator made for ... doesn't look bad.

Let it be known that on this day...the mind of the Frampire and Purolator denier has been shaken by the proof of the righteous and their tenacious fight. You heard it here folks, zee o six has finally acknowledged that Purolator makes a filter that is built well (the opposite of bad.). It must have been my many compelling arguments or the overwhelming evidence of tear free filters. Either way I will take credit, and will make sure to start a fundraising campaign on BITOG to replace the lost funds now that he is free from peddling Fram paper products!!! Welcome brother!
welcome2.gif
thankyou2.gif

But seriously. Good looking filter OP. Glad to see it served as advertised.
+1

Originally Posted By: steveh
So your saying you work for the highest bidder? LOL

Nope, I go with the product that has the best performance, quality and value - regardless of what the product is.

Purolator use to fit the bill, but not anymore ...
frown.gif
Only blind fanboys will stick with a product knowing it's inferior.
Some people can't wait to call something "inferior".

34.gif

grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif

kschachn, I am just having fun with you. But, I do believe you about the BMW vs the Asian cars in cost to repair them.
I have owned a few Nissan's in my life. My son owns a 1996 Toyota Corolla with 230K miles on it and it only burns a qt. of oil every 1700 miles.
Check this out. When I moved to FL in 1987 my then wife owned a Datsun 210. She bought a new car and I took the 210. After a few alterations, I installed a SBC 327! I used a Ford 9" rear end with a Muncie 4 speed trans and a Hurst shifter. I installed a straight axle in front and ran it without a hood. I never ran it at a track but you better believe it was BADA**!
So, as you can see, I really don't have anything against imports. But, I do have a problem with Honda's recommendation on using an oil filter twice.
"One Filter, One OCI!"
The inline six used in early Land Cruisers was a bolt for bolt copy of the 50s Chevy "stovebolt six". Some parts would interchange.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: steveh
So your saying you work for the highest bidder? LOL

Nope, I go with the product that has the best performance, quality and value - regardless of what the product is.

Purolator use to fit the bill, but not anymore ...
frown.gif
Only blind fanboys will stick with a product knowing it's inferior.
Some people can't wait to call something "inferior".

Most people call 'em like they see 'em ... except for a few fanboys. Reality hurts sometimes when it's true.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The level that some people are full of themselves is amazing.
YOU must be a joy to live with, humor man.

OK, sorry. Humoring up best I can.

this is how puro classics used to all look, and why I used to use them. If they continue to show up like this then time will heal all wounds.

Gang: I have 6 filters to chop when the mom leaves hopefully tomorrow. A Prime Guard, Quaker State, Valvoline yellow with navy blue numbering and others so stay tuned in. Even a FRAM made CarQuest

Originally Posted By: car51
April 17th is correct. One of those days. The filter I posted with date code was other filter from way back. Correct pic below

1611grt.jpg

Been seeing a lot of great looking used puro made filters.

Take a peek at some of my cut open "made for Puro filters". I have a QS, and a Valvoline filter to hack today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back