We all drink Becks beer, RIGHT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of the good local breweries found in most cities these days, why drink beer made by InBev or SAB.

With beer like anything else, its different strokes for different folks. An ice cold Shiner Bock is my choice with a big plate of BBQ.

I can't deny it; when I am out east PA; VICTORY brewing makes a darned good beer
11.gif
10.gif
11.gif

Originally Posted By: SnPb
With all of the good local breweries found in most cities these days, why drink beer made by InBev or SAB.

I'm with you on that one.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

No. Never had one in my entire life. To say otherwise would be lying.

Originally Posted By: camarokiller
Coors banquet, and extra gold for this guy.

Wish I could find the extra gold around here. Only Coors light and banquet beer. The banquet is pretty good. Last time I had the extra gold was at the brewery in Golden, CO.

Although I don't drink(or eat the way I use to) anymore...don't want another Stent! I do miss sittin'round with the boys & havin' some cold ones! Summer time garage/pattio party with a game on the Big Screen! Beers flowin', chicken wings, pulled pork/chili, chips & dip! M'mmmm!

Last edited:
Right. Yeungling is as good as any of them. If you're really thirsty and not doing the beer snob thing, Rolling Rock in the big cans is as good as anything for the price.

I remember be Tee'd off as a old kid (of 19 years) when the quality of Lowenbrau went down-the-tubes when Miller started brewing it in the USofA around the time Aerosmith's 3rd album came out. This Bavarian brew was the first real quality beer i'd drunk; then it was quickly ruined for the love of $$$.

I brew my own so I know what and where it comes from & I can make it to my specs.. Nothing better than opening one of your own beers, a lot of pride in that. The only drawback is the store stuff is no longer to my liking.

Yeah, I am almost done with my "vanilla coffee bean" stout. Nice to homebrew your own. my backup is GENNY CREAM ALE or some Yeungling Light LAGER :)

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, I am almost done with my "vanilla coffee bean" stout. Nice to homebrew your own. my backup is GENNY CREAM ALE or some Yeungling Light LAGER :)

For sure, I have 6 gallons to bottle today, Columbus IPA, not for the light beer drinkers.

One I had last night at the local "mom and pop" restaurant was WELLS "BANANA BREAD BEER", said "MADE IN UK" and very tasty also
smile.gif

One I had last night at the local "mom and pop" restaurant was WELLS "BANANA BREAD BEER", said "MADE IN UK" and very tasty also
smile.gif

Glad you mentioned that one! Its funny how just bringing up a special brew can make me remember a good party. Vegas, 2 years ago, and Wow a good time. Maybe I should grab another Banana Bread brew today.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Right. Yeungling is as good as any of them. If you're really thirsty and not doing the beer snob thing, Rolling Rock in the big cans is as good as anything for the price.

The quality of beers has gone down in the last 40 years. Many smaller cities like Reading, Pa. Had at least one brewery....Old Reading, Reading, Sunshine, Red Cap Ale, Shaeffers..all great beers way back when.

As late as maybe 25 years ago Rolling Rock was good and also Pabst. Pabst (IMHO) is terrible. Rolling Rock is decent. After you have had a case of Yuengling Beer you are ready for something else (and I live in Lancaster County) Last case I bought was an econo beer Hamms..about as good as anything..which isn't saying much.

I lol at folks that drink Corona with a lime in it. That stuff is the world's worst. I guess the Generation 'Y's' love it bc they don't know anybetter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

No. Never had one in my entire life. To say otherwise would be lying.

Did you mean a beer, or a Becks beer?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

I like the yuengling light , and recently shiner bock. I have always liked the Samuel Adams light as well.

Spasm3: do you like the Light Lager Yeunglings? I enjoy it myself as well as Black&Tan

I've never tried the Black &Tan, might pick some up! No sure if i've have the light lager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back