Puppies are the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Someone posts a picture of an adorable little puppy, and people still find all kinds of negative things to say. I don't get it.
21.gif

Probably because many times that adorable little puppy will end up becoming a neighborhood nuisance because the owner doesn't
take responsibility for controlling it.

I'm not talking specifically about the OP, he may be the best dog owner in the world, but most a few dog owners are horrible and totally irresponsible.

Fixed it for you.

Last edited:
The one thing that REALLY [censored] me off and breaks my heart is to see a dog chained up in the middle of a yard with no trees and/or shelter. Trash like that should be jailed immediately and the poor dog adopted out.

It's not my responsibility to train or control someone else's vicious dog, not only that but the vile owner was literally standing at his front door WATCHING the street from 10 yards away! It also occurred at least five times and I did NOTHING to provoke the dog.

OK..but isn't it your responsibility to protect yourself? To have a say in your own well-being? If there was a child present, your son or daughter, what then? The dog aggressively confronted you, threatening you, repeatedly, evidently, yet it's not your responsibility to respond appropriately?

Really?

Because the "vile" owner was literally standing at his front door WATCHING the street from 10 yards away?

You expect HIM to protect you? Act in your best interests? Your son's or daughter's even? Further, this has happened AT LEAST FIVE TIMES???

Wow....you need to seriously rethink this "thinking" before you or a family member experiences a horrific experience.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Someone posts a picture of an adorable little puppy, and people still find all kinds of negative things to say. I don't get it.
21.gif

Probably because many times that adorable little puppy child will end up becoming a neighborhood nuisance because the owner parent doesn't
take responsibility for controlling it.

I'm not talking specifically about the OP, he may be the best dog owner parent in the world, but most a few dog owners parents are horrible and totally irresponsible.

Fixed it for you.

LOL. Here is another version.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
It's not my responsibility to train or control someone else's vicious dog, not only that but the vile owner was literally standing at his front door WATCHING the street from 10 yards away! It also occurred at least five times and I did NOTHING to provoke the dog.

OK..but isn't it your responsibility to protect yourself? To have a say in your own well-being? If there was a child present, your son or daughter, what then? The dog aggressively confronted you, threatening you, repeatedly, evidently, yet it's not your responsibility to respond appropriately?

Really?

Because the "vile" owner was literally standing at his front door WATCHING the street from 10 yards away?

You expect HIM to protect you? Act in your best interests? Your son's or daughter's even? Further, this has happened AT LEAST FIVE TIMES???

Wow....you need to seriously rethink this "thinking" before you or a family member experiences a horrific experience.

A good dose of pepper spray in the dog's eyes will probably cure him for good. Dogs remember bad experiences pretty well that make them hurt.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
It's un-American not to like a puppy.
It depends on the puppy, I detest stupid dogs.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

Really?

There is more to this story, PM me if you want the details.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
It's un-American not to like a puppy.
It depends on the puppy, I detest stupid dogs.

I have yet to encounter a dog I'd call "stupid." Poorly trained, yes. But not truly low intelligence. Like people, some are smarter than others- our current Cocker is quite a bit smarter than our previous Shepherd, and neither is as smart as a Shepherd I had as a kid. But they were all very trainable and not terribly different in intelligence. The standard deviation of intelligence for dogs is, I believe, far smaller than for primates.

There is more to this story, PM me if you want the details.

I've seen dog owners that took pleasure in seeing their dogs scare or hurt other people. But these are the same sick minority that actually like to hurt their own dogs (or hurt people) THEMSELVES if they get an opportunity. I only objected to you a) blaming the dog, and b) categorizing that kind of behavior as a representative of most dog owners.

Don't get me wrong, there are a very few dogs out there that have to be put down for safety of other dogs and people... but 999 times out of 1000 the fault goes to the owners and not the dog itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back