2014 Mitsubishi Mirage 0W20 Castrol Syntech 3k OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this after my last free OCI at the dealership. They are a Mitsubishi dealer but use Castrol Full synthetic for all of their synthetic oil changes (0w20)

I normally try to do the 3.5k OCI with basic oils, I did since new 500 mile OCI w/m1 eco +napa gold, 3400 OCI dealer with wix filter and this recent oci 3300 w/mitsubishi filters both times that I replaced with a wix when I got home (also had to drain almost a quart because they are idiots and always put 4 qts in my car)

This time I have redline 0w20/M1-110 going for 7K miles then testing it.

20kt89t.jpg

I would be interested in what your logic is in choosing one oil over another. If this were my car, my last choice would be a boutiquey product like Redline. Mobil 1 or Castrol syns would serve you well all day long. Also, what is the mfr reco on OCI. This is a 3 cyl, low displacement car, right, with a small sump capacity and I assume it revs high all the time. I don't think that you are in the right vehicle for a super-long OCI. Good luck.

I'll be curious to see the UOA comparisons between Syntec and Redline. This Syntec UOA looks perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back