Another Ebay change

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you "buy it now" on Ebay, they now require you to input your PayPal password and your security pin in the same box. Payment has been made as soon as you hit enter. You no longer get to see your PayPal page and have no choice to choose a funding source. Of course, if you don't have enough funds in your PayPal cccount, they will take the money out of your linked bank account, so maybe it's not a real problem.

Yes and I already had a disaster associated with this new system. about a year ago I sent some books purchased on Ebay to a friend in Prison in West Virginia. Ebay and Pay pal did this new system and my home address got switched with the prison in the transition and I had 4 purchases sent to the prison which the I am sure the guard's just pitched in the trash, so now I am hashing it out with Paypal that they need to refund me, because its not the sellers fault they were given the incorrect shipping address. My advice delete any alternate mailing address's because according to Pay pal this is a common thing.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
When you "buy it now" on Ebay, they now require you to input your PayPal password and your security pin in the same box. Payment has been made as soon as you hit enter. You no longer get to see your PayPal page and have no choice to choose a funding source. Of course, if you don't have enough funds in your PayPal cccount, they will take the money out of your linked bank account, so maybe it's not a real problem.

I don't have my Ebay and PayPal accounts linked, so I go to the regular old PayPal page and log in. I just made a purchase about 2 hours ago and was able to choose my funding source.

Time to unlink ebay and paypal. Funny thing is I just linked them after years of having them unlinked.

I do dislike how paypal try to "trick" you into going with the option that is better for them ie funding source and paypal exchange rate.

Another potential problem with the system where you enter password and pin in the same box occurs when the fob battery fails. With the normal way of logging into PayPal, you have the option of circumventing the pin number by answering a secret question. With the new system I encountered today, you need the pin number. My fob is at least 7 years old.

Originally Posted By: Benito
Time to unlink ebay and paypal. Funny thing is I just linked them after years of having them unlinked.

I can't remember why I linked the accounts. There must have been an advantage. or I would not have done it.

Does anyone know what the drawbacks are if I unlink my Ebay and PayPal account? And where is Pop_Rivit? I haven't been put into my place for so long it's getting creepy.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Does anyone know what the drawbacks are if I unlink my Ebay and PayPal account? And where is Pop_Rivit? I haven't been put into my place for so long it's getting creepy.

I really don't care about your eBay account, but I do miss Pop_Rivit. I don't think there is anyone else on this site that I agree with more! Pops has common sense and tells it like it is.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I do miss Pop_Rivit. I don't think there is anyone else on this site that I agree with more! Pops has common sense and tells it like it is.

Maybe he got tired of the personal attacks?

Some people do just shout down someone they disagree with.

He should have let the moderators take care of any personal attacks. Just follow the rules, post what you want to post, and report any personal attacks. The moderators will take care of any nonsense that is posted.

Oh, by the way BRZED, if you unlink your Ebay and PayPal account all that happens is you will now have to sign into Paypal each time you want to pay. Linking them just enables single sign on.

This sounds vaguely familiar. I guess I will unlink the accounts. Thanks!

I did not make any changes to my PayPal account after eBay spun PP off. I can still choose my funding source.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I did not make any changes to my PayPal account after eBay spun PP off. I can still choose my funding source.

Yeah same here. Nothing has changed whatsoever with mine.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Yeah same here. Nothing has changed whatsoever with mine.
Ditto. I am able to change any and every part of the transaction in Paypal including pay after delivery and the like.

Well, something DID change for me. I used to only have to enter my PayPal Password when paying on eBay. When the two companies were linked I guess my user ID was already known. Now, I enter both pieces of information to log into PayPal via eBay. It more resembles the way you use PayPal to pay on other sites now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back