Any Triumph Rocket owners here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about getting one. Any input from owners would be appreciated.

Being in Ohio, you owe it to yourself to attend the annual AMA Vintage Days at the Mid-Ohio sports car course. Several manufactures are represented and have demo rides.

I know that they had issues with the engine and transmission. So much so that Triumph even had 'upgrade kits' to replace the parts that go bad.

Maybe they've improved them in later models.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I know that they had issues with the engine and transmission. So much so that Triumph even had 'upgrade kits' to replace the parts that go bad.

Maybe they've improved them in later models.

Yes, by the time the 2010 models came out, all of those issue were fixed. I have ridden a couple so far, but I'd like to get some input from owners...I can tell you that 2300 is a torque monster!

Originally Posted By: grampi
I'm thinking about getting one. Any input from owners would be appreciated.

Do it.

When I looked and sat on every model I fell head over heels on the Triumph Street Triple.

So as LoneRanger said "Do it" Triumph is it!

They can be absolute monsters with some work. Carpenter Racing is getting over 240 HP out of them naturally aspirated. They are in a pretty mild state of tune from the factory.

I'm going to look at a 2013 Roadster tomorrow...the guy said it's been dynoed at 144 hp and 159 ft lbs at the rear wheel...I think the only engine mods are an aftermarket exhaust and K&N air filters...HP isn't all that, but the torque is pretty stout!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
I'm going to look at a 2013 Roadster tomorrow...the guy said it's been dynoed at 144 hp and 159 ft lbs at the rear wheel...I think the only engine mods are an aftermarket exhaust and K&N air filters...HP isn't all that, but the torque is pretty stout!

When I went big bore on my Harley I fell in love. From a stock 96 with like 80tq/hp to 107hp/$115tq it blew me away.
And 100tq at 2200rpm.
And the triumph has 50 more hp/tq.
That's hot

If I was going to buy a bike today the triumph triple would be my first stop. They are just awesome as far as power goes though I don't know about reliability.
I love my street Bob and it's exactly where I want a bike to be so for me to even consider something else it would have to be killer,and the triumph qualifies as killer.
Honda has a flat 6 in a "bagger" now. I'd give that bike some thought too

I picked up a 2013 Roadster Saturday...the owner took very good care of it and it only has 7500 miles...it looks like new...it's only mildly modded...ram air intake, TORS exhaust, and a tune...he showed me the dyno run from the tune....144 hp and 159 ft lbs at the rear wheel, so it picked up about 20 hp and 20 ft lbs over the stock model...the torque of this thing has to be felt to be believed! I'll post some pics when I get the bugs cleaned off...I was on it all day yesterday!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog
I have a Thunderbird 1600....the Rocket is just too much bike for me.

The Thunderbird is a nice bike too! I actually looked at those, but since my last bike was an 1800, I decided I didn't want to go down in size...other than the seat height being a little higher than my last ride, the Rocket really isn't any more difficult to handle...you have to watch where you park it so you don't have to back it up hill, but I had to do that with my last bike too, so I'm used to that...once the bike is moving, its weight seems to disappear...it actually handles like a much smaller bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back