Dealerships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: CKN
All Dealers are bad because BITOG says so...........

Nobody is saying ALL dealerships are bad, just MOST of them are.
That is a FACT.

You wouldn't know a fact if one walked up to you wearing a tin foil hat.

Truer words have never been typed.

I've had a few bad sales experiences, and walked away from a dealer. Overall, my experiences have been positive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MCompact
I have NEVER had a bad sales or service experience at Kings Mazda in Cincinnati, OH or Swope BMW in Louisville, KY.

We bought our 3 at Kings Mazda! Our salesman was great, no pressure, didnt hammer us with upselling or any other nonsense. Everybody was very friendly. Havent had to use the service department yet.

Another thing I like about them is they often leave the cars that are parked up under the awning in front unlocked after hours, so when I'm bored like last weekend I go wondering around after closing and get to sit in all the new models without being bothered.

I purchased a relatively inexpensive Acura MDX that the owner(friend of coworker) stated it had quirks very cheaply. $18k(trade in offer to him) instead of private value of $25k.

So a week into ownership spooked and with it lit up like a christmas tree with check engine, air bag system shutting down due to low power(key),sh awd disabled, lost power windows, lost nav and radio code and would not start occasionally.

I called the Acura dealer who stated they were backed up for two weeks but suggested I simply replace the battery(Walmart no less) before coming in as that is what they normally do. Magically this car got transformed and not a single glitch in 50k miles electrically or mechanically.

I have been back for the TSB and oil changes and they are quite friendly.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

You think being a Hyundai/Kia fan is rough, try being a GM or Chrysler fan around here!

Nothing wrong with Hyundai, Kia, or GM.....

Some dealers are bad, some are good.

I know two Mercedes dealers that are awesome, a Ford dealer that seems pretty good, etc.

I also know a few that are horrible and I wouldn't trust them with an oil change. Our local Ford and GMC dealers are horrible.

A lot of complaining on this forum seems to be centered around two types. One has unrealistic expectations of what a new vehicle is and what a dealer owes them. Another has cars that are so old they have no business being at a dealer for anything. Dealers are in the business to sell and service late model vehicles, not mess with old stuff.

Last edited:
I do almost all repairs and maintenance myself, but last year I brought my old Bronco to a dealer for an alignment and to have a recall done. They did a great job, and they even fixed the sticky hood latch free of charge, which I didn't even ask them to do. I would definitely go back there again. This dealer is Hammonasset Ford in Madison, CT.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

That is a FACT.

And apparently those of us that work at them, even those that go out of our way to help customers, should all be unemployed and replaced by Amazon drones.

I have to agree with bdcardinal here. My experience (or FACTS as some call it) have been mixed. I've had exceptionally great service, and I've had really bad service and just about every place in between.

I really think you can't stereotype dealerships anymore than you can stereotype people or groups of people. There is good and bad in each.

My best service has been from a Toyota dealership (yes we bought the car there new) and my worst was a tie between a Chevy dealership where we bought the Trailblazer and my local Ford dealer. In all fairness, the Ford dealership had really good service one time, the other time had me calling Ford corporate to complain.

And though the Ford service department was bad, their parts guys have always been excellent.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

That is a FACT.

And apparently those of us that work at them, even those that go out of our way to help customers, should all be unemployed and replaced by Amazon drones.

The odd thing is Antiqueshell/Givemeavowel was a dealer employee many times. I have to wonder how many times he's perpetuated the negative image of dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back