Puppies are the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: barkingspider

Got this guy a couple of days ago. Its been 12 years since my last puppy and I forgot how awesome it is to raise one. He is just a furry bundle of fun.

Congratulations on this drop-dead adorable puppy. What is it going to be when it's grown?

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog

People who do not like dogs are not to be trusted. Not liking people, I get......But most dogs are better than most people.

Dogs often times take on the characteristics of their owners.
I see it all the time, unruly, threatening, aggressive, and even attacking innocent people as well. Sure plenty of decent dogs but unfortunately the number of irresponsible bad owners out number the good by a wide margin today.

I just recently had to press charges against such an owner who
CONTINUALLY let his large agressive dog charge at me from his front yard into the street, and coming close to biting me, even when I hit the thing with a stick it kept trying to attack me by moving forward. The moron then decided to threaten me with assault and battery himself. We me being a state official, this clown is likely going to spend time in jail.

antiqueshell must have a miserable existence.

Unfortunately, you didn't nip that in the bud. It should have only happened once. And I'm not talking about shooting the dog here. I'm talking about bear spray.

Instead you repeatedly allowed the unruly dog & owner to win that confrontation, endangering your safety.

Why?

Once that dog associated you with that level of inflicted pain, I doubt you'd ever have any trouble from him again.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Yes, I like dogs in only a narrow range of size.
Those little toy "yap dogs" really get on my nerves.
Those big "Marmaduke" dogs are too clumsy and destructive.
Beagles and Cocker Spaniels, though, remain cute their whole lives.
But I like cats better.

That's how we picked out our Jack Russell. Picked the most mellow one. If you've ever seen Wishbone the PBS show, he's the real-life version.

Originally Posted By: Al
lol..they grow up to be dogs. As my wife says.."if it has 4 legs and poops it is not coming in our house".....lol

Enjoy the puppy )

Al Al Al. You grew up in the days when men were bred to carry the load, women were bred to do as they're told...what happened ?

BTW, nice cute puppy
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Unfortunately, you didn't nip that in the bud. It should have only happened once. And I'm not talking about shooting the dog here. I'm talking about bear spray.

Instead you repeatedly allowed the unruly dog & owner to win that confrontation, endangering your safety.

Why?

Once that dog associated you with that level of inflicted pain, I doubt you'd ever have any trouble from him again.

It's not my responsibility to train or control someone else's
vicious dog, not only that but the vile owner was literally standing at his front door WATCHING the street from 10 yards away! It also occurred at least five times and I did NOTHING to provoke the dog.

We just adopted a dog from Greece! He's a golden retriever named Mr Brown and he'll be arriving at Toronto airport on September 19th. We haven't told the kids yet, in fact we're going to tell them at dinner time tonight!

I had three different dogs growing up, and the positives far outweigh the negatives. They become members of the family instantly and you learn to deal with the negatives just as you would with unruly teenagers in your home.
smile.gif

Someone posts a picture of an adorable little puppy, and people still find all kinds of negative things to say. I don't get it.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Someone posts a picture of an adorable little puppy, and people still find all kinds of negative things to say. I don't get it.
21.gif

Probably because many times that adorable little puppy will end up becoming a neighborhood nuisance because the owner doesn't
take responsibility for controlling it.

I'm not talking specifically about the OP, he may be the best dog owner in the world, but most dog owners are horrible and totally irresponsible.

... most dog owners are horrible and totally irresponsible.

And those same people are probably the same way with their children.
eek.gif

I'm not talking specifically about the OP, he may be the best dog owner in the world, but most dog owners are horrible and totally irresponsible.

No, that's not true at all. You obviously just have a problem with dogs. Your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back