Frustrated with Dealership!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parts seems to have absolutely no connection to the actual dealership experience for service nor sales. It sort of lives on its own of course is important to help service going.

Our local Honda dealer has a mediocre service department enough that most buyers go elsewhere for service out of warranty.

However the Honda parts is amazing. I walk in asking for parts & fluids related to an Acura MDX which they gladly sell, order and cross reference. The parts guy even suggested to me after confirming with tech that $9 AC relay (with failed design) was fine use again instead of new $30 part. Went on to sell me two for $15 in case it failed and sent me my own way.

When I get the Acura only SH-AWD fluid he also hands over the related crush washers at Honda dealer(some xref chart) which Acura does not know without some order from a tech or looking up.

Originally Posted By: B20z

The display was in plain sight. The boxes were in plain sight. No secrets. The dealership has done nothing wrong, and in fact has only improved by (hopefully) offloading several employees in serious need of attitude adjustments. I don't approve of going to a dealer for aftermarket parts so I wouldn't patronize that establishment. Some people don't care and to them I say bravo. Anything else I can clear up for you?

I don't know how to explain this more simply...dealers buy stuff from all over. That's not anything new at all. Some jobs we use only OE parts, some jobs the customer requests a cheaper option. The idea of a dealer using Napa to replace their parts department is absurd, unless you are taking about a former Suzuki dealer. How are they even doing warranty repairs if they have "no parts department?" It sounds like they had some used car brake jobs lined up, but you had no clue what was going on and came to some rage induced conclusion that the dealer had replaced their OE parts with aftermarket.

You clearly have no idea what goes on at a dealer. You're just full of rage and are spewing it at people you have never bought parts from or dealt with. I hope you can work out your anger issues, or at least limit it to spewing at people online.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Hopefully it will get fixed soon. I was surprised you got rid of your cream puff older Accord.

Yep she was a cream puff for sure, I actually said goodbye when I was removing my Honda branded front licence plate...I felt pretty sad leaving her there
frown.gif
I do have a reason behind the trade in but Ill keep that to myself.
Am I the only one who noticed this?

Maybe it reminds him of an ex GF that is no longer in his life ?

21.gif

No, haha...if I divulged I know that I would be blasted into oblivion for making "poor financial decisions." and that's not why I am on here.

Seriously, get some help.

My comment about the online appointments going in the trash was not saying it was ok, just saying how it went for a long time. The person that set up the online thing had everything going to an email that didn't exist.

I have helped tons of people on this and other forums. I mostly do back counter and wholesale, I occasionally do front counter and that is the most frustrating of the 3 simply because people don't know what they want or need. I go back to the shop numerous times and pick the techs brains on things, which I know they hate since they are not getting paid.

As far as throwing away any résumé where someone has dealer parts experience. you really get a lot with a parts person. Not only do we know cars, we are pretty good at inventory control and organisation, we do shipping and receiving, act as a punching bag, plus tons of other things.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

The display was in plain sight. The boxes were in plain sight. No secrets. The dealership has done nothing wrong, and in fact has only improved by (hopefully) offloading several employees in serious need of attitude adjustments. I don't approve of going to a dealer for aftermarket parts so I wouldn't patronize that establishment. Some people don't care and to them I say bravo. Anything else I can clear up for you?

I don't know how to explain this more simply...dealers buy stuff from all over. That's not anything new at all. Some jobs we use only OE parts, some jobs the customer requests a cheaper option. The idea of a dealer using Napa to replace their parts department is absurd, unless you are taking about a former Suzuki dealer. How are they even doing warranty repairs if they have "no parts department?" It sounds like they had some used car brake jobs lined up, but you had no clue what was going on and came to some rage induced conclusion that the dealer had replaced their OE parts with aftermarket.

You clearly have no idea what goes on at a dealer. You're just full of rage and are spewing it at people you have never bought parts from or dealt with. I hope you can work out your anger issues, or at least limit it to spewing at people online.

I think you might be fighting a losing battle - when I see B20z's user name, I cringe - not sure if we will get a civilized post (he has a few) or another one of his sharply worded, snarky rants intended to belittle someone.

Called Chevrolet Dealer yesterday afternoon. I requested a 9 a.m. appointment on Tuesday the 25th for a transmission flush, differential fluid change, and brake check.

I arrived at exactly 9 a.m. The service adviser immediately called the technician who would handle all this for my Silverado to see what he was currently working on. He then informed me it would be about two hours and confirmed my cellphone number.

At 10:50 he called and said my vehicle was ready. It doesn't get any better than that.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Called Chevrolet Dealer yesterday afternoon. I requested a 9 a.m. appointment on Tuesday the 25th for a transmission flush, differential fluid change, and brake check.

I arrived at exactly 9 a.m. The service adviser immediately called the technician who would handle all this for my Silverado to see what he was currently working on. He then informed me it would be about two hours and confirmed my cellphone number.

At 10:50 he called and said my vehicle was ready. It doesn't get any better than that.

I think this is the goal of most businesses - deliver as promised or under promise and over deliver. It has a lot to do with how you treat the service personnel also - it does no good to be antagonistic right out of the gate before they even have a reasonable opportunity to help. I think maybe Greg has learned from this, and might take a different approach next time. I try to do routine maintenance on my own and avoid going to the dealer but when I do I try to get a good feel for what's going to be involved and how long it will take/what it will cost by asking specific questions prior to the appointment.

It's interesting to see B20z's attitude towards the dealer parts department employees, I have generally found that of all experiences at the dealership, usually the one at the parts department is better than all other areas. While they may be a bit slow to get to the customer (usually the retail counter is being staffed by folks doing double duty for the techs and commercial accounts) they are generally friendly, patient and very helpful, (many will give you wholesale prices if you have even another dealer uniform or shirt on LOL) and plenty of times I have received free things like oil crush washers (copper for VW) and other fastener items after I ask for them.

Originally Posted By: Bill_G
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

I think you might be fighting a losing battle - when I see B20z's user name, I cringe - not sure if we will get a civilized post (he has a few) or another one of his sharply worded, snarky rants intended to belittle someone.

You are right - obviously he's more interested in bashing than any kind of discussion.

Ironically, I had nothing but great retail customers today. Every single one was pleasant and had a VIN # if needed...[censored]? Maybe B20z's rage was some kind of good karma for me.
crackmeup2.gif

I'm about to head to the warehouse to do some more work...you know, the warehouse that's supposed to take my job via consolidation.

B20z is right about one thing though, Napa made probably at least 8 visits today, because that's the way this industry works. Napa is my friend though...especially for the $1.89 quarts of 5W30 NextGen for the parts trucks today.

That's why I love my Ford dealer. Call the guy I've been dealing with for 6 years now, set up appointment. He gets me in and out, they take me to work. They call if there are issues or to tell me it's done. They pick me up, I go pay and out the door. I deal with the same guy all the time - works out well for me as things get done for a reasonable price.

I have no problems leaving it there. The few times it's taken longer than a day his call has been "we need you to come in and pick up a car for the night".

If Honda dealers are as smug as what's being reported, time to not buy Hondas. They are nothing special and better vehicles can be had other places.

Lots of passion in these posts. I work at a dealer, not a Honda dealer, & many times there are problems like last week at my shop. Guy next to me hurt his shoulder, 1 guy was on a major diagnosis electrical job that took 2 days to trace a wire eaten by a rat, 2 guys were in technical training, 3 others had major engine/ transmission jobs, 4 others sold major repairs on cars they started first thing in the morning. We have no extra lifts to pull in a waiter or asap car. this led to almost every car scheduled to be either late, or held overnight.

Originally Posted By: mehullica
Lots of passion in these posts. I work at a dealer, not a Honda dealer, & many times there are problems like last week at my shop. Guy next to me hurt his shoulder, 1 guy was on a major diagnosis electrical job that took 2 days to trace a wire eaten by a rat, 2 guys were in technical training, 3 others had major engine/ transmission jobs, 4 others sold major repairs on cars they started first thing in the morning. We have no extra lifts to pull in a waiter or asap car. this led to almost every car scheduled to be either late, or held overnight.

Yep - and some customers won't care what the workload situation is - they are only concerned about their particular situation at the moment and don't want to hear it. That's why, in my opinion, a little flexibility helps out tremendously.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon. I was surprised you got rid of your cream puff older Accord.

Yep she was a cream puff for sure, I actually said goodbye when I was removing my Honda branded front licence plate...I felt pretty sad leaving her there
frown.gif

I noticed this, but I'm too polite to ask about it. Considering the [censored]-storm that B20z is giving 01Rangerxl just for working at a dealer, I wouldn't want to bring every personal issue onto BITOG that went into a sell decision, either.

Originally Posted By: HangFire

frown.gif

I noticed this, but I'm too polite to ask about it. Considering the [censored]-storm that B20z is giving 01Rangerxl just for working at a dealer, I wouldn't want to bring every personal issue onto BITOG that went into a sell decision, either.

Exactly...any time financial info is brought up on here things go south.

Well this thread took a turn for the worse...but I just wanted to update you all. The service manager saw my review on Yelp and contacted me today. He has been on the job for a limited amount of time and does seem like he wants to make things right. He gave me his personal number so whenever I have time to make an appointment I will contact him and he will personally set up and appointment for me. He also would like to meet face to face to express his apologies. He seems like he wants to do right by me so I will give them the chance to make it up. Thank goodness there are still people who care!

Well this thread took a turn for the worse...but I just wanted to update you all. The service manager saw my review on Yelp and contacted me today. He has been on the job for a limited amount of time and does seem like he wants to make things right. He gave me his personal number so whenever I have time to make an appointment I will contact him and he will personally set up and appointment for me. He also would like to meet face to face to express his apologies. He seems like he wants to do right by me so I will give them the chance to make it up. Thank goodness there are still people who care!

Glad to see someone is stepping up to try and help you Greg - there is hope after all. Please let us know how it goes.

Alright folks, I took her in (the Accord) to the dealer this evening to drop it off for the appointment tomorrow morning. I am having the VTC actuator noise looked at, as well as having a brake fluid exchange and tire rotation. I made it a point to let the service adviser know that the car has to sit overnight for at least 8 hours in order to hear the noise. I will keep you posted! Hope for the best!

Did the dealer give you a loaner since you just bought the car ?

I didn't buy it from the Honda dealer, but yes the manager did say they would provide a rental for the time being...however with my schedule there was no way of obtaining one because by the time I make it to the dealer, the rental agency they use is already closed.

Did the dealer give you a loaner since you just bought the car ?

I didn't buy it from the Honda dealer, but yes the manager did say they would provide a rental for the time being...however with my schedule there was no way of obtaining one because by the time I make it to the dealer, the rental agency they use is already closed.

They should just give you a car from the used car lot with a dealer plate on it, that's what my dealer usually does. Though the odd time the SM has just given me his personal vehicle for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back