Weird private-label tire names

Seen today, front of a box truck: Double Road Steel Radial, size 11R22.5. New one on me...

My sister just had two new tires put on the front of her car. I looked them over and the brand name is 'Hemisphere.' This is what the tire shop installed. My sister and her husband know squat about cars and especially tires except they are black and round and cost money.

Already posted but recently spotted the "Triangle" tires.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
If I guess right Kumho literally mean "Luxury and Beauty" in Korean.

Funny, what a coincidence, it translates into the exact same thing in English, for some of us anyway.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Everyone here has seen them...strangely-named tires sold online or as tire-store cheapies. So...what have you seen? I saw three today...

On a Jeep Wrangler YJ: Atlas Tire Desperado
On a Grand Prix GTP: Eldorado Golden Fury GFT
On an E450 box truck: Unicorn Creation

I once bought a pair of the eldorado golden fury gft's from a junkyard. They were too small for my application, therefore, wore out quickly. So I can't really comment on the quality of them.

Last edited:
I saw some tires on a Mustang with a bizarre tread pattern and the even more bizarre name of "GRBAK TYRES". Yes, spelled with a "y". The tread pattern looked like squiggly marks a little kid might make on a drawing of tires.

I should have taken a picture.

I have finally seen Unicorn Creations in person. The used car dept at work wanted cheap tires for a Silverado 2500 they had. I saw "TBC Creation" was in stock at the distributor and ordered a set, not even remembering this thread at the time. Got the tires in yesterday...sure enough, they say "Unicorn Creation" on the sidewalls. Awesome.
crackmeup2.gif

I'm amused why we don't think "Goodyear" is a funny name for a tire. I guess it's well that the tires were not manufactured in a "bad year!"

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Toto tires. Really.

their music isn't too bad either...

Are they made in Africa?

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Toto tires. Really.

Are they made in Africa?

Well, they were made in Kansas...but, Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore...

;^)

Originally Posted By: methusaleh
. . . And something along the lines of "The Force"-- is the tire advertising an ability to provide locomotion on its own?

These are not the tires you're looking for, young Skywalker . . .

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

I have finally seen Unicorn Creations in person. The used car dept at work wanted cheap tires for a Silverado 2500 they had. I saw "TBC Creation" was in stock at the distributor and ordered a set, not even remembering this thread at the time. Got the tires in yesterday...sure enough, they say "Unicorn Creation" on the sidewalls. Awesome.
crackmeup2.gif

If we can have "Unicorn Creation" tires, then I want tires called "Gryphons," or "Gryphon Wings," or "Centaur Racers."

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Toto tires. Really.

Are they made in Africa?

As a promotion, Toto tires should give a free set to the first ten customers who prove their name is "Rosanna"!

Saw some Ling Longs on a Dodge Avengegr yesterday.

My previous 1997 Camry came with a "Nika Avatar"
It was cupped so it was awful up front, but on the rear it was fine. Drove to Montana and back and was ok surprisingly.

Back