2015 Tacoma Rear Differential, 4K mi., Amsoil SVG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put that same oil in my car's diff too. It should be about the best stuff around.
Funny, Blackstone says "Try 10,000 miles or whatever Toyota suggests." --- which, in fact, don't most people leave their's in forever?

I still have the original oil in my 2012 Silverado Eaton locker. I don't ever worry about that until at least 30K miles. Is there something we don't know about? Was your axle rebuilt or something?

It can't hurt changing the fluids out early in the components life. The benefits show up as the miles and years increase.

Yes, I just like to change the factory fill out early. I was quite shocked at the material on the magnetic drain plug, especially on the rear differential, at only 1,000 miles - there was even a small solid "chunk" of metal. Made me glad I changed it out.

I change out the lubricants on my new/rebuilt components early to get the break in crud out. That is when the metals and what ever else is the highest PPMS.

Originally Posted By: CT8
It can't hurt changing the fluids out early in the components life. The benefits show up as the miles and years increase.

Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back