Dealerships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we often talk about bad experiences with dealerships I thought that for once I would say something nice. Our Cadillac SRX had a great long scuff mark down the side obviously thanks to someone with a shopping trolly. We thought that we would have to take it somewhere to be buffed out. However when it went to the dealership for it's (free for four years) service, they did it for nothing without even asking. Thanks to Cadillac of Novi, MI.

I have to give props to Skinner and Damulis in Richfield Springs NY for their help with the engine mount on my Focus.

A local dealer here jerked me around. They replaced the engine mount (warranty) in < 20 minutes. And it was bad.

While the local dealer said they never heard of a Focus with a bad engine mount, Skinner and Damulis said the engine mount had failed and to bring it in for a warranty repair before I could even get the words cabin vibration out of my mouth.

I feel like people never heard the good stories of dealerships, only the nightmares.

Within the first year of buying my Equinox the headgasket and intake manifold went. It had roughly 45k on it. We all know why they went. I brought it into the dealership who almost imediately told me that was the issue. Their master mechanic did a complete top end rebuild without any questions and I got to drive a top of the line Tahoe for the week while he fixed it. When the work was done they pulled the car out and it was completely detailed inside and out as an apology for the time it took to have the work completed. The "master mechanic wanted to do it right." Eitherway I couldn't have been happier and the car has been running great ever since. Thanks Best Chevy, Hingham, MA

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Thanks Best Chevy, Hingham, MA
Good to hear of a competent and honest dealer relatively near me.

Besides the GMC, we have been buying from here for years. Nice people and even though they are a large dealership they still offer more personal car.

With my old Benz, the dealer's complimentary car wash ripped the side turn signal lamp clean off the car. I told the SA; he apologized and immediately ordered a replacement lamp. Came in two days later and had the part replaced without fuss.

Probably the one and only favorable experience I've had with a dealership.

Last edited:
The dealership I bought my Ram from was great. The salesman was new to the job by a couple months but was not pushy nor did he try upselling stuff I didn't want. Just the way I like it.

I've been looking for a new low cost car for my daughter after her drive was recently destroyed. I have yet to run into a great sales person. Perhaps they all have been trained to have the cars sell themselves.

No questions about our needs, inappropriate suggestions when we said we wanted good visibility. When I asked about a used Fit at a Honda dealer the sales guy said he had none. Didn't suggest any other used cars on the lot and did not even take my name or number. Too aggressive is bad, but this is just as bad.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Since we often talk about bad experiences with dealerships I thought that for once I would say something nice. Our Cadillac SRX had a great long scuff mark down the side obviously thanks to someone with a shopping trolly. We thought that we would have to take it somewhere to be buffed out. However when it went to the dealership for it's (free for four years) service, they did it for nothing without even asking. Thanks to Cadillac of Novi, MI.
Watch this to get a little bit different angle on it! i suspect something like this actually happened!!

I have NEVER had a bad sales or service experience at Kings Mazda in Cincinnati, OH or Swope BMW in Louisville, KY. I also had a great salesman at Kings Ford in Cincy- but like an imbecile I waited too long to decide and the car I wanted sold. Which led to a terrible (non)sales experience at a dealer in Indianapolis...

I had a rather poor experience with a dealership service department once about 10 years ago, but other than that I've had nothing but good experiences from both the sales and service side of dealerships. I do most of my own work, but on the occasion a vehicle has needed warranty or recall work I've never had an issue.

Originally Posted By: CKN
All Dealers are bad because BITOG says so...........

Nobody is saying ALL dealerships are bad, just MOST of them are.
That is a FACT.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

That is a FACT.

And apparently those of us that work at them, even those that go out of our way to help customers, should all be unemployed and replaced by Amazon drones.

That is a FACT.

You wouldn't know a fact if one walked up to you wearing a tin foil hat.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

That is a FACT.

You wouldn't know a fact if one walked up to you wearing a tin foil hat.

Wow you sound like you have an anger management issue?
Feel better now that you got that off your chest?
20.gif
crackmeup2.gif

That statement I posted is 100% accurate and factual.
If the dealerships don't like that reputation then they should
run more competent, and more honest service departments. Period.

Last edited:
This anti-dealer sh*t here on BITOG is getting tiresome.....

It's not factual "givemeavowel" it's your opinion, as it is others on this board but it's not a fact.

We should list all this stuff on the "Generalboard"-
1) all dealers are crooks
2) Chinese tires are junk
3) 10 year old Crown Vics are great cars
4) Michelin Tires are Great
5) Hyundai/Kias are junk

And whatever else are BITOG falsehoods so we could just refer to them by number.

It would save a lot of typing.

5) Hyundai/Kias are junk

You think being a Hyundai/Kia fan is rough, try being a GM or Chrysler fan around here!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
And apparently those of us that work at them, even those that go out of our way to help customers, should all be unemployed and replaced by Amazon drones.

No. I wish all employees at dealership were like you. You remind me of a parts guy that we used to have at a local Ford dealership in my younger days. He took the time to actually get to know my name and remember me on sight, despite the fact that I was usually just interested in an FL-1A and a couple wipers or an air filter. Or, when I was in Saskatoon with a company vehicle that needed an oil change, and the dealer's fast lane was closed, but the manager saw me and came running out to get me to change the oil himself, instead of doing his paperwork. There are plenty of good guys. We can't even blame the system itself. I've seen a lot of the internal Ford training materials years ago. There's nothing in there that is encouraging poor behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back