Sylvania Silverstar settlement check - $11.70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm quite surprised. I received $11.70 in the mail today, from the Sylvania Silverstar class action lawsuit.

That was one of those things where I thought I'd never see a nickel, but this one came through. Did the $11.70 cover what I paid for the bulbs? No. But it likely covered the amount of money I lost from their shortened lifespan.

I'll probably take the money to buy a pair of standard halogen bulbs, as I'll never buy any sort of a hyped-up light bulb ever again.

There was a law suit over life span. When I bought mine I expected them to not last as long. Though there cost was the main issue I had with them. Any amount of extra visibility was worth the cost though in my minds eye. But it is very cool you actually got something out of the Jay suit

I didn't even know this was going on. It's too late to file a claim and I never got a postcard. Booo. My bulbs burned out really fast.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
I didn't even know this was going on. It's too late to file a claim and I never got a postcard. Booo. My bulbs burned out really fast.

It says on my paperwork to go see: www.AutoLightClaims.com

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: tinmanSC

It says on my paperwork to go see: www.AutoLightClaims.com

Yeah i searched the found that page. It says you have to have either gotten a postcard or submitted a claim by Dec 31, 2014.

Received mine 2 days ago. I bought 2 sets, 1 for E430 and 1 for LS400 few years ago. Filled 2 claims but received only 1 check.

Yes, I totally forgot I filled the claim for this and was surprised to receive a check.

I received mine today. Really surprised because the last pair of Silverstars I brought were zXes back in late 2011. Bulb went just this past winter(3 years) so I thought nothing of it, even though I rarely drive at night.

Originally Posted By: avacado11
I received mine today. Really surprised because the last pair of Silverstars I brought were zXes back in late 2011. Bulb went just this past winter(3 years) so I thought nothing of it, even though I rarely drive at night.

Got mine too. Spent it on gas.

Actually now that I remember...I DID buy a pair of silverstars that I returned the day after cause my truck didn't have removable bulbs...

Wish they listed what type of bulbs they're refunding you for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back