Oil Additive Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

New member, first post. Been following this site for a while and learning a lot. I have a 2014 Ford F550 6.7 powerstroke class C motorhome (8,000 miles). I follow the severe service criteria and use 5w-40 synthetic (either Valvoline blue extreme, Mobile DELVAC 5w40 esp, or Shell Rotella T6). I am really interested in protecting the engine, turbo charger, and emissions system (DPF, etc.) by using the best technology available.

So, my question revolves around an oil additive AR9100 by a company called Archoil. I've read their stuff and looked at the EU case studies which look promising. I've read lots of opinions, but really looking for advice from folks who know lubrication technology. Will this benefit or not?

Do you have any oil additives for diesels you like or not needed if using quality oil?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I wouldnt use any additives in the oil, but in the Diesel fuel tank i would look for a cetane booster. I use it in every tank for my 6.4L, you get a little better mileage and better performance of the fuel system, engine and emission controls on the truck. Also its not very expensive.

Last edited:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/22/1/Heavy_Duty_Engine_Oil_(HDEO)_-

This Forum is for Penetrating Oils and such.

Another vote for not using miracle-in-a-can additives in the oil of a (basically) new engine. Use the oil Ford recommends (or an equivalent) and your engine will thank you.

When you get into the oil additive end of auto ownership, things get pretty creepy except for a very select companies. Buyer beware.

Hello all. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the help. Sorry for posting in wrong section.

WELCOME!!!!
Put it this way. Do you honestly think that Archoil has MORE scientists and better testing equipment than Ford...or any manufacturer?
You've paid a lot of money for that vehicle, why not stick with the approved fluids? If you were racing or another type of competition, I'd think some oil wildcatter could have a better idea, since the factory isn't normally involved in that kind of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back