Seat bolts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swapped seats in the Stang today, and of course one of the rear bolts broke. Tried all the usual tricks but ended up drilling. Should have measured the bolts while they were out to get a proper size, but thats OK I can do that easy enough at any time.

Way I see it I have three options.
1. OEM bolt, drill to necessary size and re-tap hoping it works out. There is a metal nut welded/bonded to the underbody which is beefy enough to take a taping.
2. Generic bolt/washer big enough to fill hole in seat track and then tap the chassis hole. Again, this car has a nice beefy nut welded/bonded to the underbody so this could work.
3. Generic bolt/washer with a nut on the underside. This would be a slightly undersized bolt to facilitate fitting through the 1/4" hole I have.

#3 is definitely easiest, any reason this is a bad idea? Seatbelts are anchored independent of seat. What grade bolt should I use? 8/10.9 or heavier? Or maybe it just doesn't matter for this application since there are no seatbelt anchors and these are the rear bolts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back