Looking at the kia optima sxl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BigBuck
Originally Posted By: dblshock
pretty low...

http://tradeinqualityindex.com/

Not sure what that bootleg site is. Says nothing about how they come to any sort of decision.

JD Power has Kia rated at #2 in initial quality. I would not hesistate a second to purchase another Korean vehicle. JD Power initial ranking

This site was built and maintained by Steven Lang, a very prominent person in the used car industry who happens to also be a well respected author and a member of the BITOG forums. Buy a Kia, enjoy the benefits and downfalls.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
pretty low...

Not sure what that bootleg site is. Says nothing about how they come to any sort of decision.

JD Power has Kia rated at #2 in initial quality. I would not hesistate a second to purchase another Korean vehicle. JD Power initial ranking

This site was built and maintained by Steven Lang, a very prominent person in the used car industry who happens to also be a well respected author and a member of the BITOG forums. Buy a Kia, enjoy the benefits and downfalls.

I think KIA didn't just get the JD power award for nothing, have fun driving your old man Camry

Originally Posted By: wemay
Not an Optima or even a KIA, but the engine in my Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T is identical, with a different tune. One word, *Fabulous*

did you look at the article i posted wemay?

Originally Posted By: Grambo
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
pretty low...

I think KIA didn't just get the JD power award for nothing, have fun driving your old man Camry

So are you some sort of disruptive marketing car salesman? I'm trying to decipher the fornication-like information you have been gargling. Or were you buying a Kia tonight right now and about to show us the pretty pictures? I only ask because your Altima and Sentra must be extremely exciting next to a Camry.

Last edited:
why do you think im getting rid of my sentra? thank you for the nice comment. being honest what do you like about the Toyota's other then their reliability they just don't appeal to me. except the Avalon

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay
The pre-2015 Sonata 2.0T have the same power output as the the current Optima you're considering. I preface my opinion by saying I've owned plenty forced induction vehicles in my day, so i may not be as sensitive to turbo idiosyncrasies as those coming from only an NA background. Overall, the 2.0T has initial tip-in lag but gets on the boost seamlessly at around 2k rpm. The engine has a much more pleasing engine note than my 2.4L and comes across much more refind than any other turbo'd vehicle I've had. In the SFS 2.0T, my wife avg 19 mpg but she drives 95% city and in heavy traffic Mon-Fri. So far (30,000 miles or so), not a single issue or complaint.

wemay did you happen to look the video and article i posted about the theta 2.0T engine

You won't get any love on BITOG buying anything KIA. Those (Optimas) are beautiful cars BTW. If you bought a 10 year old Crown Vic that belonged to the State Hwy Patrol you would get all kind of love.

This forum is useless to ask any advice other than "what oil and filter" I should buy.

BTW-Make sure that Optima has Michelin Tires cause nothing else is good enough.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
You won't get any love on BITOG buying anything KIA. Those (Optimas) are beautiful cars BTW. If you bought a 10 year old Crown Vic that belonged to the State Hwy Patrol you would get all kind of love.

This forum is useless to ask any advice other than "what oil and filter" I should buy.

BTW-Make sure that Optima has Michelin Tires cause nothing else is good enough.

Do you know what kind of tires come on the optima?

Originally Posted By: geekster
Nexen tires.

Those aren't too good, definitely switching those out for better tires any recommendations other then michelins?

Grambo,

In case you're not aware, I don't believe this car comes with a spare tire but rather one of those inflation kits. Most Hyundai/Kia vehicles ( like many cars ) no longer come with even temporary spares. That would be the first order of business for me.

I replaced the tires on my Hyundai a few months after I bought it ( but bought a spare right away ) and it was well worth it versus the OEM tires...but the spare is the thing you'll need immediately if it doesn't have one or it's not thrown in. If it's like Hyundai, they offer a temp spare kit for ~$250 but you can obviously put something together for cheaper than that. You might try to negotiate that into the price...

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
Grambo,

In case you're not aware, I don't believe this car comes with a spare tire but rather one of those inflation kits. Most Hyundai/Kia vehicles ( like many cars ) no longer come with even temporary spares. That would be the first order of business for me.

I replaced the tires on my Hyundai a few months after I bought it ( but bought a spare right away ) and it was well worth it versus the OEM tires...but the spare is the thing you'll need immediately if it doesn't have one or it's not thrown in. If it's like Hyundai, they offer a temp spare kit for ~$250 but you can obviously put something

together for cheaper than that. You might try to negotiate that into the price...

Thanks Fer the advice I will. Get a spare thrown In.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back