The 7 Driver Types

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.automobil-industrie.vogel.de/neuemodelle/articles/501778/

Translated (Google) from German, here are the 7 driver types, based on research that Goodyear Dunlop and the London School of Economics are engaged in:

1. The Instructor must ensure that other drivers know what they did wrong, and expect recognition of his efforts to teach others.

2. The Wise Guy thinks he is surrounded by incompetent fellow road users and is content to yell at other drivers from the protected area of his vehicle out condescending.

3. The Competitor must always ride at the forefront and is annoyed when someone prevents him. It is possible that it accelerates, if someone wants to overtake him, or that he ascends tightly, so that no one can thread in front of him.

4. The Punisher want to punish other drivers for perceived misbehavior. It's quite possible that he gets out of his car and other drivers directly confronted.

5. The Philosopher accepts misconduct and attempted to explain this rationally. He manages to control his emotions when driving.

6. The Avoiders behaves toward drivers showing misconduct, aloof, sees it as a potential threat.

7. The Dropout is listening to music or phone calls to isolate themselves. He distracts himself - also from the traffic, in order not to enter into relations with other motorists need. Primarily, this is a strategy to avoid frustrations.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I think I am a combo of 2 and 3

The wise guy but I don't really yell at anyone.

and the competitor as I typically do like to be passing people... but I don't speed up only to prevent someone from passing. If someone wants to pass me at 100mph go for it, i'll follow you

I do hate it though when I have to cruise set at say 80mph, passing most people and someone floors it to pass me only to slow down to 75mph once they realize there is no one else to pass ahead of them.... then i pass them going 80 still... and the cycle continues....

or the left lane pokers... going 5mph under the limit in the left lane...

I think I'm a pretty good driver, and my driving record bears that out, but I don't think I'm a wise guy. I know there are other competent drivers on the road.

I guess my single largest quality from this would be #6, the Avoider. If someone is driving erratically or otherwise doing something stupid, keeping yourself away from them on the road is the safest thing to do.

I'm number 2 & 4, but only the beginning part of number 4, I'd never get out of my car.

My way of punishing other drivers is by turning on my windshield washers for tailgaters. They get their whole car and windshield washed by me, for free! I'm such a nice guy.

#1 drivers are stupid. These are the horn-honkers, the animated ones at the wheel (hands out window,) and talk to you like they are in a coffee shop. Dummies.

I am a #2 and a #4, and have dealt with many #3s, whom are those that should not be on the road.

There should be a #8: The Professional.

I'm more like #3 The Competitor when I drive my car in my signature. Then #5 The Philosopher when I drive my wife's Nissan Versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back