The little red straws that come with carb cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't bring myself to throw them away.

And when I buy a new can of carb cleaner, it comes with a new straw.
confused2.gif

just accidentally blow it into the intake, like a well respected BITOG'r did years ago; Then you have it, but don't have to keep track of it.

TB disaster

Don't ask me how I remember this stuff.

Last edited:
I always keep mine, because they tend to fall out (in my case.)
With extras, problem solved.

When we were kids I had a friend that used to light the straw on fire, then push the button on the can. It made a real good flame thrower!!

...you also save the nozzle. You never know when you will drop a can and crack the nozzle button, easy fix if you don't throw them out.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I can't bring myself to throw them away.

You can't bring yourself to throw away red aerosol straws, yet you can't use a synthetic beyond 3,000 miles?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
You can't bring yourself to throw away red aerosol straws, yet you can't use a synthetic beyond 3,000 miles?
wink.gif

Yeah, something like that.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
just accidentally blow it into the intake, like a well respected BITOG'r did years ago; Then you have it, but don't have to keep track of it.

TB disaster

*****! I can just see the the straw shooting off the end of the end of the can into a carb. Total bummer.

Had a straw pop loose while spraying into pcv valve on a 76 Volvo B21. My heart sank. I unscrewed the pcv valve and there it was! Happy ol' days.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

TB disaster

Some of that thread is hysterical, thanx!

Not to jack your thread, but the aerosol spray products manufactures need to undertake a design challenge to have a standard nozzle that will reliably hold the dang straw in place!

If Apple made spray products, this would have been solved about 1990.

Why do we have to live with this stupid annoyance! it's 2015 for cryin out loud!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back