Strangest thing to ever come out of car's vents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was sme Kentucky blue grass sprouting out of my Savava's vents. Admittedly, the van has been sitting unused next to my shed for several years now. I used Roundup and taped off all external vents and ducts afterwards.

A long time ago, in a life far, far away. OK, it was the early-mid-'70s, high school days. My one buddy had a Sunbeam Alpine:

IMG_3725.jpg

One of our mutual friends got a bunch of the little punch outs from IBM cards from the computer room:

PH001_370x300.jpg

So he threw a handfull of the punch outs at the air intake at the base of the windshield. Of course it absolutely rained those little buggers inside the car when the heater was turned on.

The guy who owned the Alpine said for years after that, every once in a while, when his defroster was on one of the little chips would come fluttering out.

Oh, those were the days.

Depends upon who has done what on windshield cowl :) Wasn't there a topic about adding bodily fluids and was OP involved in any way or was that somebody else?

Was working on a car I had for a couple years, got into the duct and found a few pipes, pull tabs from cans (probably beer), cigarette butts, few coins, and some booger looking stuff along with what looked like a couple fries.

Broken windscreen glass (when the whole screen used to shatter).
sweet smelling steam (A/F)
"Snow", when the A/C was really working
and a couple of times Huntsman spiders, 4" across...running up the column and my arm (had a handful drop from my visor onto my lap).

Mate had the stench from a handfull of shrimp that were dropped down his.

I once had a leaf blow out of the A/C vent.

As for the most mysterious thing from an A/C vent, some of the bad smells in my cars are a mystery.

My father had an interesting story. When his Lexus ES300 stopped blowing cold, the mechanic diagnosed it as a failed evaporator. When the old evaporator was removed, it was 100% covered in fungus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back