Puppies are the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got this guy a couple of days ago. Its been 12 years since my last puppy and I forgot how awesome it is to raise one. He is just a furry bundle of fun.

lol..they grow up to be dogs. As my wife says.."if it has 4 legs and poops it is not coming in our house".....lol

Enjoy the puppy )

Originally Posted By: Al
lol..they grow up to be dogs. As my wife says.."if it has 4 legs and poops it is not coming in our house".....lol

Enjoy the puppy )

Yep, they are cute until they become big, annoying, and start barking all the time disturbing the neighbors. I don't dislike all dogs but I despise owners that don't take proper responsibility for them by letting them bother the neighbors whether barking or biting, chasing people.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Enjoy the puppy )

Yep, they are cute until they become big, annoying, and start barking all the time disturbing the neighbors. I don't dislike all dogs but I despise owners that don't take proper responsibility for them by letting them bother the neighbors whether barking or biting, chasing people.

People who do not like dogs are not to be trusted. Not liking people, I get......But most dogs are better than most people.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Enjoy the puppy )

Yes, I like dogs in only a narrow range of size.
Those little toy "yap dogs" really get on my nerves.
Those big "Marmaduke" dogs are too clumsy and destructive.
Beagles and Cocker Spaniels, though, remain cute their whole lives.
But I like cats better.

Agreed ! Not much different than children, they have to be brought up right.
They can be much better than some people. Loyal, and a strong desire to please their owner, they just want to be loved. My dog is my best friend (other than my wife)...

That's a cutie!

The periods of my life when I've been without a dog are very few and far between. Biggest was a German Shepherd, smallest a 20-lb class Terrier mix, current a mid-30's pound Cocker- loved them all. The Shepherd was the biggest creampuff of them all.

The great thing about dogs is that they've been honed and perfected for thousands of years to be the absolute perfect companion for humans. There is no better pet... period. Because of that, they're pretty good judges of character. I gotta agree with 4wheel... if my dog doesn't like someone, I don't trust them either.

Sorry to the people who have bad experiences w dogs. Not the dog's fault. Its the bad owner's fault.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Yes, I like dogs in only a narrow range of size. Those little toy "yap dogs" really get on my nerves. Those big "Marmaduke" dogs are too clumsy and destructive. Beagles and Cocker Spaniels, though, remain cute their whole lives. But I like cats better.
Heh, when I am jogging around the lakes in our subdivision, there is this range of which you speak. One small poodle in particular, I have named "Scrappy Doo" because he barks and chases me down the fence line as I go past. Then on the other lake there is a huge dog (likely a Mastiff and weighs in the 130ish range). He seems to be somewhat laid back, but he also could likely only run for about 20 feet then collapse of exhaustion. Allergic to cats so though I like them, I cannot be around them for long--they are always so sneaky too!

Congrats! Truly a great feeling. We wish you all the best with the new family member.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Sorry to the people who have bad experiences w dogs. Not the dog's fault. Its the bad owner's fault.

Same with kids really!

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog

People who do not like dogs are not to be trusted. Not liking people, I get......But most dogs are better than most people.

Dogs often times take on the characteristics of their owners.
I see it all the time, unruly, threatening, aggressive, and even attacking innocent people as well. Sure plenty of decent dogs but unfortunately the number of irresponsible bad owners out number the good by a wide margin today.

I just recently had to press charges against such an owner who
CONTINUALLY let his large agressive dog charge at me from his front yard into the street, and coming close to biting me, even when I hit the thing with a stick it kept trying to attack me by moving forward. The moron then decided to threaten me with assault and battery himself. We me being a state official, this clown is likely going to spend time in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back