Wheel covers for Suburban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 1999 K2500 Suburban at the lake house rarely gets used. It sits outside. Michelin is giving us a 50% credit on a new set of tires because of sidewall cracking.

I want to put tire covers (like an RV) on the new rubber so they aren't sun baked again. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind to get?

My concerns are that there are durable (Detroit winters) and they are secure because the wind is ferocious up there coming off Lake St. Clair.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Our 1999 K2500 Suburban at the lake house rarely gets used. It sits outside. Michelin is giving us a 50% credit on a new set of tires because of sidewall cracking.

I want to put tire covers (like an RV) on the new rubber so they aren't sun baked again. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind to get?

My concerns are that there are durable (Detroit winters) and they are secure because the wind is ferocious up there coming off Lake St. Clair.

How could the almighty Michelin Tires have sidewall cracking. That's not possible!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Phishin

How could the almighty Michelin Tires have sidewall cracking. That's not possible!
wink.gif

Didn't use enough Aerospace 303 Protectant!

To be fair, I didn't have a *bit* of trouble with sidewall cracking on the Michelin tires that I had.... but I did have a problem with a total absence of anything that resembled wet/snow/ice traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back