Anyone here vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Originally Posted By: Brad_C
I like a good chemical free vape with a shot of good bourbon.

Honest question, but isn't the carrier fluid Propylene Glycol? How can that be termed "chemical free"?

I use 100% Vegetable Glycol.

Gotcha, so it's a glycerine produced as byproduct of the saponification of Vegetable Oil when reacting vegetable oil with a hydroxide to produce soap. Your definition of "chemical free" must be different to mine.

I'm really actually quite curious, but what do you get out of inhaling glycerin with nothing else in it?

Originally Posted By: Garak
I use 100% Vegetable Glycol.

But, how is that chemical free? Glycol is a chemical. So is water.

Yep...and the long-term damage of glycol on lung tissue has yet to be examined...

Look, I'm glad the OP kicked the cigs...they're clearly not good for you. And I'm all for a little enjoyment now and then...

But vaping is not risk-free...and it is addictive...

Well, I'm sure there will be lots of interesting research carried on down the road, along with several panics along the way. Everything will be fine as soon as they figure out how to tax it, of course.

I add Nicotine for the effect of course. 24mg.

Has a nice little chill effect.

Tons of info out there on the web for those who really want to break all of this down.

For me personally?

No more coughing, shortness of breath etc. And I can still get my Nic hit
smile.gif

It's a lovely thing.

http://ejuiceconnoisseur.com/2013/08/15/the-truth-about-vegetable-glycerine/

Last edited:
When you smoke, you smoke yourself. Stupidest habit ever. You know when you've fully kicked the habit when you totally despise smoking and wonder why you ever did it. And from what I'm hearing, vaping has some nasty chemicals too.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Hooka bars are also very bad for your lungs.

You're right. Had a crazy ex-girlfriend talk me into hitting one of those bars. Run by a bunch of Middle Easterners per their culture, and seemed like the stupidest thing to do, we sat in there and smoked fruit. My IQ dropped 20 points while in there....

This vaping is better than cig smoking though, as long as they can clean up the chemicals in there a little. Its like cutting down your drinking from a fifth of Jack a day to a shot glass or two, its progress.

Pneumonia helped me stop smoking. Lung cancer helped my uncle. Your cure may vary.

Snuff can give you mouth cancer. It is about the best nicotine buzz I ever had. I cannot smoke anymore. 50 + yrs of smoking has ruined my health and my lungs. I have pretty much weaned myself off of it with about 6 months of Chantix. I aim to keep myself nicotine free. I enjoyed smoking, But I ruined my lungs. Can I get a vaping compound that tastes like a fine cigar? With out the nicotine?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45170756

Vaping can damage vital immune system cells and may be more harmful than previously thought, a study suggests.
Researchers found e-cigarette vapour disabled important immune cells in the lung and boosted inflammation.
The researchers "caution against the widely held opinion that e-cigarettes are safe".

Originally Posted By: Astro14
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45170756

Vaping can damage vital immune system cells and may be more harmful than previously thought, a study suggests.
Researchers found e-cigarette vapour disabled important immune cells in the lung and boosted inflammation.
The researchers "caution against the widely held opinion that e-cigarettes are safe".

This: "However, Public Health England advises they are much less harmful than smoking and people should not hesitate to use them as an aid to giving up cigarettes".

Although they may not be perfectly safe they are, imo, way less harmful than smoking cigarettes.

I've been vaping since the start of January this year and I never had a smoke until recently due to my wife starting back up and things going on in my life. Those are just excuses, I know, but the odd day I do have one, I usually regret it right after.

I have not given up and won't quit trying, just have to get over a few current road bumps here plus my wife said she was going to try quitting again soon herself. She doesn't vape, she quit smoking cold turkey.

For me, vaping has been a Godsend! After smoking cigarettes for over 40 years, and trying to quit NUMEROUS times, when I started vaping I was finally able to quit. It has been 3 1/2 years now. I don't miss smoking one bit and I feel SO much better.
For the record, it is common knowledge that smoking definitely causes cancer, heart disease, COPD, strokes and other debilitating/fatal diseases, but, nobody has been able to prove that vaping does, even though the detractors have been trying VERY HARD to prove that it does. Is it completely safe? Probably not, but it is a proven fact that it is FAR safer than smoking. It also is not dangerous to other people around us like secondhand smoke is.
I don't understand why the "dogooders" are so opposed to vaping. With healthcare costs spread among all individuals, you would think that they would WANT people to quit smoking by whatever means available, and if vaping does this, one would think that they would be all in-favor of it. Instead, they punish smokers and try to outlaw vaping. I don't get it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wag123
For me, vaping has been a Godsend! After smoking cigarettes for over 40 years, and trying to quit NUMEROUS times, when I started vaping I was finally able to quit. It has been 3 1/2 years now. I don't miss smoking one bit and I feel SO much better.
For the record, it is common knowledge that smoking definitely causes cancer, heart disease, COPD, strokes and other debilitating/fatal diseases, but, nobody has been able to prove that vaping does, even though the detractors have been trying VERY HARD to prove that it does. It also is not dangerous to other people around us like secondhand smoke is.
I don't understand why the "dogooders" are so opposed to vaping. With healthcare costs spread among all individuals, you would think that they would WANT people to quit smoking by whatever means available, and if vaping does this, one would think that they would be all in-favor of it. Instead, they punish smokers and try to outlaw vaping. I don't get it.

I don't get it either but I believe, if one could dig deep enough, you'd find the cigarette companies and the Gov't are likely behind most of the negativity towards them.

I have no doubt in my mind the cigarette companies and Gov't have lost millions due to vaping.
coffee2.gif

For the record, it is common knowledge that smoking definitely causes cancer, heart disease, COPD, strokes and other debilitating/fatal diseases, but, nobody has been able to prove that vaping does, even though the detractors have been trying VERY HARD to prove that it does. It also is not dangerous to other people around us like secondhand smoke is.

When did the problems with smoking become common knowledge, and at what point did advocates state that doctors preferred camels ?

People trying to "prove" that vaping is dangerous per your statement is a persecution complex...it's clearly not a natural thing (no I'm not judgmental...I don't really care), so the burden of proof is on the people recommending it's safety to have it as safe as breathing canned air from 4,000BCE Antarctica.

Follow the money...what do the suppliers have to gain from your confidence in their product ?...money.
What do the detractors of vaping have to gain ?...moral crusaders mainly, but not much else.

Look at "ambiguous" science claims by the purveyors of products like tobacco and asbestos for decades after decades after the science was there and available.

Only difference is that vaping suppliers don't have lobby money at their disposal

"Follow the money"
IMO irv is correct, the tobacco companies and government are very likely conspiring to undermine the credibility of vaping because they are loosing money and tax revenues. Shannow hit the nail on the head when he stated that the vape industry doesn't have the money to fight back.

Last edited:
"Follow the money"
IMO irv is correct, the tobacco companies and government are very likely conspiring to undermine the credibility of vaping because they are loosing money and tax revenues. Shannow hit the nail on the head when he stated that the vape industry doesn't have the money to fight back.

If you’re going to follow the money, at least do a credible job...

The “Vape Industry” has received huge investments from Big Tobacco. The “Vape Industry” isn’t the plucky little hero standing up to the “Big Guys”...it IS the big guys...Reynolds alone has invested tens of millions in Vape research and production. That investment is old news, it happened years ago.

You’re just as addicted, just as dependent, on this new product as you were on the old.

Works out well for those companies.

Not so much for you...

"Follow the money"

The “Vape Industry” has received huge investments from Big Tobacco. The “Vape Industry” isn’t the plucky little hero standing up to the “Big Guys”...it IS the big guys...Reynolds alone has invested tens of millions in Vape research and production. That investment is old news, it happened years ago.

You’re just as addicted, just as dependent, on this new product as you were on the old.

Not so much for you...

My little family-owned vape store down on the corner mixes their own vape liquids right in front of me and doesn't get any money from Big Tobacco. This is the norm in the vape business, they are mostly small mom-and-pop operations. Perhaps Big Tobacco is involved in the manufacturing of nicotine concentrate liquid, I don't know. Regardless, it doesn't appear that there are very high profit margins in the business. My costs went down by a factor of 8x compared to when I was smoking cigarettes (another big advantage to vaping).
I don't think that the Chinese vape hardware manufacturers are working for Big Tobacco either.
It DOES work out well for me, I am no-longer smoking!

Last edited:
"Follow the money"

Not so much for you...

Yup, there are numerous articles about how the Tobacco industry is buying up the vape industry, such as:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tob...4b0658fc20f98d0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back