Where do I purchase Kendall 0w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come across a distributor online that sells this oil for a reasonable price when shipping is factored in.

I've found local distributors of Kendall. Do most distributors sell a 12 pack to Joe q public? I am hoping to beat the shipping costs.

I do not recall seeing Kendall at any retailers in my area. However, many quick lube shops and Firestone use it.

I feel the "liquid titanium" will be the ticket to happiness with my new Impreza

Last edited:
Castrol Edge has Titanium in it, too, and is much easier to find
happy2.gif

I bought a 12 pack from PSC (it seemed to be the sweet spot for the shipping) and ran two OCs in my Explorer. It worked well, but I switched to M1 due to the lack of availability--which is a shame because it is a great oil.

Yep, I'd go for the easy to find Castrol Edge. I just started using it since it's about $3 a jug less than Mobil 1. Probably doesn't hurt in the desert that the spec sheet shows it slightly thicker than Mobil 1 comparing the 5w30s I use.

Castrol edge is too easy to obtain. I enjoy the hunt for a quality product that is not marketed extensively.

I realize that any 0w20 oil that meets specs will suffice,but I have my sights set on Kendall at the lowest price.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Castrol Edge has Titanium in it, too, and is much easier to find
happy2.gif

Edge does have Ti, but recently they reduced the amount (from 40 ppm a few months ago) to like 9 ppm now. Kendall GT-1 still runs about 90 ppm, the most ever seen. Ti is a decent AW additive to ride on top of ZDDP tribofilms. Google or Bing: Afton titanium oil additive .. for more info if you're nerdy enough to check it out.

Yep, Petroleum Service Company over the web is the way to go. I heard Firestone will stop carrying Kendall in their quick-lube operations, so let's hope Kendall survives. Good stuff, a Conoco-Phillips oil, related to TropArtic and 76 oil cuzins.

Originally Posted By: Joe1
Castrol edge is too easy to obtain. I enjoy the hunt for a quality product that is not marketed extensively. I realize that any 0w20 oil that meets specs will suffice,but I have my sights set on Kendall at the lowest price.

Good choice. They published some of the lowest Sequence IIIG and IVA cam wear results I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Amazon has a case of it for $63

On Amazon.com, shipped by "Annapolis Cars", they sell Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic SAE 0W20 Motor Oil (with Liquid Titanium) - 1 Case (Pack Of 12) for $88, best deal per quart.

That's a good price if its on prime with free shipping.

I'd much rather have Kendall than Castrol as well. Way more TI in Kendall
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08

That's a good price if its on prime with free shipping.

It's a marketplace seller, not free shipping, but the price I quoted does include the shipping charge.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina

On Amazon.com, shipped by "Annapolis Cars", they sell Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic SAE 0W20 Motor Oil (with Liquid Titanium) - 1 Case (Pack Of 12) for $88, best deal per quart.

This one is $63 including shipping. It seems that PSC just got an Amazon account.

link

PSC wants $30.40 to ship a case to Ca....$76.42 though PSC website $63.01 total through Amazon

BTW 99 Cent store has various weights of Kendall Syn for $2.99 qt. Not sure they carry 0W-20

Because of their location PSC shipping prices are most reasonable on the east coast. Once you start going further out, the shipping prices start becoming a too much.

Fortunately there's a coupon code for the site. I think it's COMEBACK10 to get 10% of your order (not including shipping). If that's not the correct code, do a forum search because I know I've posted it a few times.

Also, some distributors will sell direct, so it's worth calling your local distributer because they usually have good prices (Kendall full synthetic is $4 a quart from my local distributer).

Originally Posted By: Joe1
I've found local distributors of Kendall. Do most distributors sell a 12 pack to Joe q public? I am hoping to beat the shipping costs.

I bought 0W-20 Kendall from a local distributor, I had to do cash over the counter to the exact sales price to the penny, otherwise they would have to open an account. Shortly after, that distributor closed so I haven't been able to find Kendall without paying a lot for shipping. It's a shame, I think it is a great product but has a long way to go on marketing.

Good luck!

If you order thru Amazon.com on a "pack" shipped from PSC, they don't indicate how many you get on the Amazon website page. I think I was wrong assuming it was a 6-pack, looks like its truly $63 with shipping for a 12-pack 'case'.

You can get Mobil 1 0W-20 at Costco on sale for $24.95 a 6 pack. That comes out to about $27 and change with tax.

If you order thru Amazon.com on a "pack" shipped from PSC, they don't indicate how many you get on the Amazon website page. I think I was wrong assuming it was a 6-pack, looks like its truly $63 with shipping for a 12-pack 'case'.

The shipping weight is listed as 25 lb, which indicated a 12-pack.

I just bought a 12qt case of Kendall full synthetic 5w20 off of Amazon for $55.20 total.
I ordered it on Amazon but it was shipped from PSC. I think Kendall is a great oil and has given me the best UOAs on my 2012 Grand Cherokee, that is why it is in my 2015 Grand Cherokee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back