PUP 5w-30 -5,040mi, 2011 F-150 Ecoboost 37,198mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the best UOA I've seen from an ecoboost engine in regards to viscosity after this many miles. OLM was 18% and 10 months on the OCI. This OCI saw a lot of winter driving and idling. There was 145hrs on this OCI vs the normal 120-130 hours. I put in M1 0w-40 to replace PUP but this oil held up very well... Carquest air filter has 20k on it and a motorcraft filter was used.
I'll be curious if many other UOA with the pure plus ultra come back this good.

Mostly 91 E0 (40% of time) and 87 E0 (40%) with some 87 E10 (20%) every now and then.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Curious - is 0w-40 Ford warranty approved?

Owners manual says 5w-30 meeting ford spec. 0w-40 doesn't have the ford spec listed but is a superior oil than the ford spec. ford specs for NA are basically any oil meeting SN/RC. Then again, I'm not really concerned about the warranty. Ford would have a pretty hard time proving this oil was the problem, especially since it shears to a 30wt oil.

Fuel dilution has steadily improved. Maybe the rings are just starting to fully seat now. Nice report - good post.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Fuel dilution has steadily improved. Maybe the rings are just starting to fully seat now. Nice report - good post.

How long do rings normally take to seat?

I also posted this on another thread. The oil on the last two tests are actually Kendall's semi-synthetic. Although there has been some shear I think the results are excellent. I'd guess the reason Ford spec'd the 5W-30 in the Ecoboost verses the 5W-20 it specs else is because they know there will be some shear.

Anyway, the proof is in the pudding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back