Unibody Pinch Weld Rust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Despite your visible rust, rockers rot from the inside out. Best bet is to drill a couple holes in the door sill area (protected by/ inside of the weatherstripping) and spray an oily preservative of your choice down in there. Then cap said holes with little rubber/ plastic caps you can probably get from Lowes in the "weird fastener" bin.

If you drill a 5/8 hole you might be able to get a camera lens and flash in simultaneously, to inspect the pending horror.

There are access holes where the rocker molding attaches to the sheet metal. I plan to spray inside there when I do this.

Originally Posted By: joegreen
Today I got under my Honda and attacked it with 2 cans of fluid film. I was able to hit all the pinch welds I could see and the front and rear subframe. I bought my cans from AutoZone because I get one point for every 20 I spend. On the light rust I did find I just scraped it a little and let the ff do its job. Depends on how much your time is worth. If you like doing the job yourself the cans of ff are good but it will take a couple hours.

Sunday is car day for me, it'll give me something to do. I will most likely do everything when swapping over to winter wheels/tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back