Reporter/cameraman killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I am not taking away your right to own a gun.
Please explain why you need a 30 round magazine.
The police and military need them for the situations they get into.
Why do you?

The police use AR-15's for self defense, with 30 rd magazines. So do I. I keep an AR-15 beside the bed, fully loaded with a full 30 rd magazine. Why? Because I have EXTENSIVE training and ballistics experience, and my training and experience tells me that the modern carbine offers excellent defensive capabilities. More so than a pistol, and more so than a revolver, and more so than a shotgun.

A carbine is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. You dont use a screwdriver to hammer nails, do you? No, you use a hammer, which is the best tool for THAT SPECIFIC job. The carbine is the best tool for dealing with a home invasion, which are becoming more and more prevalent these days. If 5 home invaders invaded your home wearing body armor, and you had a 10 shot Glock or a 30 shot AR15, which weapon would you chose? If you chose the 10 shot Glock, you would be a fool.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69

Because in the real world, when faced with a life or death scenario, you miss more often than you hit. There are numerous documented cases of police officers shooting their attackers 10, 15, 18 times or more and the attacker is not immediately disabled and continues attacking. In your make believe fantasy world, a person with a 10 shot magazine shoots twice, the perp is immediately incapacitated with two perfect shots, and the survivor has 8 remaining shots in their magazine. It doesn't work like that. At all.

Here is ONE instance of an officer getting into a shootout. He shot the guy 14 times before he was incapacitated. The officer shot through his first 14 rounds (gun ran dry), a second magazine of 13 rounds, and reloaded with his 3rd and final magazine. When done, he only had 4 bullets remaining in his pistol and no more spare ammo. He was 4 shots away from being killed.
https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/...mmo-on-the-job/

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I bet you guys never sit with your backs to the door. Sleep with an eye open?

Cleaning my guns right now.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Can a civilian buy armor piercing rounds ?

Your avatar picture says "military veteran". As such, I would expect that you would be well aware that there are different types of body armor, different types of ammunition, etc.

What exactly are you referring to when you say "armor piercing rounds"? Handgun caliber, rifle caliber, level II, level III, level IIIA, level IV? What are you referring to?

Bubbatime,

Not all military folks are infantry type people that deal with high powered guns/rifles..... some work behind a desk in an office and only shoot once a year requirement. LOL.
blush.gif
Yes, I was asking about handgun caliber.

Bubbatime,
This is OT. Were you in south FL when the FBI got into a shootout with 2 bank robbers in the SunnyLand area of US-1 south of Dadeland Mall ?

The FBI was simply outgunned during the firefight. So were the L.A. cops about 20 years ago when the 2 bank robbers had an edge over law enforcement. All police / highway patrol need an AR-15 with multiple magazines just in case they have to engage bad guys.

Quote:
No one needs 30 rounds mags. Magpul makes 40s now.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Al
If a white guy had killed 2 black reporters, every city in the U.S. would be up in flames...Media would love it!!

I notice you seem to be very protective of white people....

Just saying

Why is race important when reporting some stories, and omitted when reporting others?

Further, the killer in this case was also gay...but that's not reported either...

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
So I'm like... I have my handgun in the trunk of my BMW, should I take it out and stick it under my belt for him to stop looking at me?

Do that only if your gun is bigger than his.

Had a shotgun in there, too
smile.gif

If a white guy had killed 2 black reporters, every city in the U.S. would be up in flames...Media would love it!!

A white guy killed 9 black people, including a state senator. The cops bought him lunch.

Media was not outraged.

The other day I was in a redneck country gas station. Some guy was filling his rusty F-150 pickup and had a handgun on his side. He kept looking at my direction and seemed like quite an intimidating situation.

So I'm like... I have my handgun in the trunk of my BMW, should I take it out and stick it under my belt for him to stop looking at me?

I didn't and we went our separate ways shortly after.

The answer is a resounding NO! in that particular situation. A trunk is a terrible place for a defensive firearm. In that case, you would be too little, too late in retrieving it, had you really needed it. Besides, it would be needlessly escalating the situation and could possibly be considered "brandishing a firearm", a crime. The other guy wasn't showing any signs of aggression, so why should you? How did you know he was looking at you? Were you continuously looking at him? That'd be cause for me to look you over once or twice.

Instead, try and defuse the situation... I know it goes against BITOG mentality (think back to the thread about the flood lights and the neighbor), but open up a dialog with him. I do this to nearly everyone I encounter while waiting for fuel, or in line or whatever... A simple Howdy, hello, how ya doing, or a remark about the weather is a great ice breaker. Heck, even a nod, acknowledging their presence.

Also, as bubba asked- what does his rusty truck have to do with anything? My entire fleet of vehicles have some (or more) rust on them, are dirty from gravel travel and I live in a rural area. Does that make me a redneck? You could assume that, but if we were to converse face to face, I bet you wouldn't judge me that way.

A white guy killed 9 black people, including a state senator. The cops bought him lunch.

Media was not outraged.

Criminals are entitled to lunch, too. What do you think they do with them in prison, starve them?

Bryce Williams thought he would use the gay and racial discrimination 'card' and sue his way into a high profile newscaster position.

He was a failure and his ego got the better of him.

Media was not outraged.

You should get out more, Mori.

The media changed everyone's way of life here over those murders. They're talking of digging up dead people.

Bubbatime, Yes, I was asking about handgun caliber.

Than no, armor piercing rounds are not readily available. They are illegal to purchase/sell in the USA in handgun rounds. One surplus round that I am aware of, 7.62x25, is capable of penetrating body armor. It's a Russian surplus round from the 50's and not all that common.

Bubbatime,
This is OT. Were you in south FL when the FBI got into a shootout with 2 bank robbers in the SunnyLand area of US-1 south of Dadeland Mall ?

The FBI was simply outgunned during the firefight. So were the L.A. cops about 20 years ago when the 2 bank robbers had an edge over law enforcement. All police / highway patrol need an AR-15 with multiple magazines just in case they have to engage bad guys.

I was knee high to a grasshopper during the Miami FBI shootout. True, the FBI shootout and the Hollywood bank robbery/shootout were two pivotal moments in LEO history and the reason why 95% of law enforcement now carry a carbine rather than a shotgun in their cars. Add in the popularity of the AR15 rifle now, plus the hundreds of thousands of troops that returned from Iraq/Afghanistan, and it becomes apparent that the carbine is quickly becoming a favorite for home self defense.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
The other day I was in a redneck country gas station. Some guy was filling his rusty F-150 pickup and had a handgun on his side. He kept looking at my direction and seemed like quite an intimidating situation.

The answer is a resounding NO! in that particular situation. A trunk is a terrible place for a defensive firearm. In that case, you would be too little, too late in retrieving it, had you really needed it. Besides, it would be needlessly escalating the situation and could possibly be considered "brandishing a firearm", a crime. The other guy wasn't showing any signs of aggression, so why should you? How did you know he was looking at you? Were you continuously looking at him? That'd be cause for me to look you over once or twice.

Instead, try and defuse the situation... I know it goes against BITOG mentality (think back to the thread about the flood lights and the neighbor), but open up a dialog with him. I do this to nearly everyone I encounter while waiting for fuel, or in line or whatever... A simple Howdy, hello, how ya doing, or a remark about the weather is a great ice breaker. Heck, even a nod, acknowledging their presence.

Also, as bubba asked- what does his rusty truck have to do with anything? My entire fleet of vehicles have some (or more) rust on them, are dirty from gravel travel and I live in a rural area. Does that make me a redneck? You could assume that, but if we were to converse face to face, I bet you wouldn't judge me that way.

Rusty truck and his clothing meant that he was poor most probably meaning he was either lazy or/and stupid to be unable to pull himself by the boot straps. He probably is baby daddy to children from different women who are on food stamps paid by my taxes.

Someone with a little bit of higher IQ would, instead of owning an expensive Glock, spend that money to get education to better himself.

Originally Posted By: Win

Media was not outraged.

You should get out more, Mori.

The media changed everyone's way of life here over those murders. They're talking of digging up dead people.

Why are they digging up people in Arkansas?

So anyone whose views you don't like is Mori?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The_Eric

Rusty truck and his clothing meant that he was poor most probably meaning he was either lazy or/and stupid to be unable to pull himself by the boot straps. He probably is baby daddy to children from different women who are on food stamps paid by my taxes.

Someone with a little bit of higher IQ would, instead of owning an expensive Glock, spend that money to get education to better himself.

Maybe his pants were too full to put a gun in there. So he had to open carry. With that he didn't need a pretty truck or BMW to impress strangers. Clearly he wasnt as dumb as you think. He knew enough to have his protection at hand vs in the trunk where it'll do you no good.

Last edited:
Peanut butter and jelly for jail inmates.

What did cops buy for SC church shooter ?

First of all, jail/prison inmates can't be fed peanut butter and jelly for every meal. That is not a balanced diet, would be considered cruel/unusual punishment, and is illegal. Every jail/prison in America is required to have a menu certified by a registered dietitian. It is required, by law, to be wholesome and healthy. Basically, it is required to offer enough calories so that person doesn't starve, and also be balanced so as to receive proper nutrition.

As far as feeding the church shooter, a person in police/jail/prison custody is legally entitled to three meals a day. So if a person is getting interrogated by the police for 5 or 10 hours or more, they are legally entitled to a meal every 6 hours or so. If the cops didn't feed him we all would scream from the roof tops about police cruelty and police brutality.

I don't know what they bought him for his meal, but it would be perfectly acceptable (and appropriate) to buy the shooter a 10 course meal of lobster, shrimp, steak, etc if it persuaded the accused to keep talking to police and to confess to the crime. People that are treated with respect/dignity by the arresting officers are much more likely to keep talking and to confess than if they are subjected to officer unfriendly that slams his fist down on the desk, talks down to them, and treats them like the scum (that they likely are), and withholds food from them if they are hungry.

I'm not sticking up for the criminal element, as you would be hard pressed to find a person that hates them more than I do. However, I do have significant experience in gaining a criminals trust and getting them to talk to me about their crimes. A little common human decency can go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back