Reporter/cameraman killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people who use "cars kill people - so ban/control cars" analogy:

What % of people killed involving cars are ON PURPOSE (where a driver PURPOSEFULLY used a car to kill)?
-and what % are accidents?

What % of people killed involving guns are killed on purpose?

One has to think of the TYPICAL INTENDED PURPOSE of each. Cars vs guns.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
For the people who use "cars kill people - so ban/control cars" analogy:

What % of people killed involving cars are ON PURPOSE (where a driver PURPOSEFULLY used a car to kill)?

What % of people killed involving guns are killed on purpose?

Lets look at "responsible" gun owners who are 100% competent to deal with their weapons. I prefer not jto be associated with the other group of idiots. Therefore all the politically liberal [censored] over guns should not apply to me. GO SOLVE THE REAL PROBLEM

They purposely kill someone who threatens themselves, family or others....is there a problem here??
They kill themselves...IMHO a person has the right to take their own life.. So I really see no problem here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I am not taking away your right to own a gun.
Please explain why you need a 30 round magazine.
The police and military need them for the situations they get into.
Why do you?

No, actually, you need to explain how taking away my magazine will make anyone safer.

As a gun owner, I want a weapon that works, that is effective. Not a machine gun, bazooka, or rocket...but an easy to shoot, accurate weapon that holds enough ammo for any contingency. Since the weapon that I have chosen was built with a 30 round magazine, that's what I want it to have when it's pressed into service.

I use a 10 round magazine at the range, just for convenience.

But you've said that I can reload quickly, so a 10 round magazine won't affect my defensive use of the weapon, and that I can practice reloading the weapon.

So, if the 10 round magazine won't affect defensive use of the weapon, then the 10 round magazine won't affect the offensive use of the weapon either.

Even a psycho-killer like Adam Lanza can learn to reload a magazine...

I really want to understand your fear of standard-capacity magazines, like the 30 round in an AR-15, and your fear of rifles that are of insufficent caliber to hunt...after all, your hunting rifle is chambered in a far more lethal caliber than .223/5.56mm...and your hunting rifle will pierce any police body armor...so it seems that your hunting rifle is the real danger...the powerful weapon...able to kill with a single shot...

So, please tell me, how does taking away my 30 round magazine make you safer?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

I really want to understand your fear of standard-capacity magazines, like the 30 round in an AR-15, and your fear of rifles that are of insufficent caliber to hunt...after all, your hunting rifle is chambered in a far more lethal caliber than .223/5.56mm...and your hunting rifle will pierce any police body armor...so it seems that your hunting rifle is the real danger...the powerful weapon...able to kill with a single shot...

So, please tell me, how does taking away my 30 round magazine make you safer?

Excellent point Astro. Also how many AR-15s have actually been used in mass shootings? Most of what I've seen has been hand guns with multiple magazines.

Originally Posted By: buster
This country may have to pull an Australia and just take all the guns away. It's just out of control. Sorry gun lovers.

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/24/8283199/gun-control-comedy-jefferies

Australian comedian perfectly sums up why other countries think US gun laws are crazy.

Australia confiscated 650,000 guns. Murders and suicides plummeted.

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback

Quote:
And it worked. That does not mean that something even remotely similar would work in the US — they are, needless to say, different countries — but it is worth at least looking at their experience.

So move to Australia....gotta be better than New Jersey...you live in a crime ridden dump

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I am not taking away your right to own a gun.
Please explain why you need a 30 round magazine.

Why do you?

IN case you or any of your family members show up at my house.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Can a civilian buy armor piercing rounds ?

For a pistol? Not legally. (Ditto for the many rifle calibers F-troop has put on the "armor piercing pistol ammo" ban list by bureaucratic fiat, including "pistol" calibers like the 7.62x39mm, 5.56NATO, and .308 Winchester.)

For a rifle? Sure. Of course...a regular lead round from most hunting rifles will go through a typical pistol-rated vest like paper.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
There needs to be an agency that does a deep investigation into anyone talking craziness

You mean the Gestapo

Someday it may just lead to something like that. When more and more people keep going nuts and committing crimes like this, some kind of action along those lines may happen to take some drastic measures. People who make threats of violence and show signs of extreme violent actions should be looked at closely, don't you think?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Can a civilian buy armor piercing rounds ?

Not for a handgun, they were made illegal in 1986. Cops wear body armor to protect them from handgun rounds.

Now, here's the truth: any rifle round above a .223, which includes every single hunting caliber, will pierce regular body armor.

Every hunting rifle, in any country, is therefore, "armor piercing".

Edit: I see Jarlaxle already answered you...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
If a white guy had killed 2 black reporters, every city in the U.S. would be up in flames...Media would love it!!

I notice you seem to be very protective of white people....

Just saying

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Al
If a white guy had killed 2 black reporters, every city in the U.S. would be up in flames...Media would love it!!

I notice you seem to be very protective of white people....

Just saying

lol..just the opposite for you eh?

Originally Posted By: Astro14
So, if the 10 round magazine won't affect defensive use of the weapon, then the 10 round magazine won't affect the offensive use of the weapon either.

Exactly. While firearm technology is always evolving, if you look at it, people did some pretty respectable offensive and defensive firearms work with bolt action rifles and semi-autos with rather limited magazine capacities.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
The other day I was in a redneck country gas station. Some guy was filling his rusty F-150 pickup and had a handgun on his side. He kept looking at my direction and seemed like quite an intimidating situation.

So I'm like... I have my handgun in the trunk of my BMW, should I take it out and stick it under my belt for him to stop looking at me?

I didn't and we went our separate ways shortly after.

Do you REALLY think like this, or is this some sort of internet HAHA, just kidding? Not sure what "redneck" and "rusty F150" has to do with the story, unless you are somehow implying that you are "superior" to the "redneck" with the cheap rusty pickup truck, because you drive a BMW and dont look like a "redneck".

So some guy filling up his car glances over in your direction a few times, probably seeing if he knows you or just checking out the fancy car that he is not used to seeing in his neighborhood, and your first instinct is to feel threatened by the pistol on his hip and for you to show your own pistol to him, to "make him stop looking at you".

Yeah, your story sucks. Bad.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Here's how:

Licensing.

Everyone who wants to own guns must carry a state or federal issued license, AND INSURANCE.

If you are caught without a license AND INSURANCE, you get ticketed, and your weapons impounded, until everything is brought back to status.

I have to have a license and insurance to operate a car, and a motorcycle.
I have to have a deed and insurance to own a home.

A bus driver needs a license to operate a bus, and carry passengers.
A trucker needs a CDL of the proper variety to drive the different types of rigs that he can.
A pilot needs to be licensed by the FAA in order to fly anything from a crop duster, to a 747, and also helicopters and F-22 fighters.

[censored], you need a license to operate a ham radio, for Pete's sake.

Why the heck don't we require licensing to prove that a gun owner is truly competent enough to own a weapon? And require the owner to carry insurance on their weapons in order to protect themselves and others in case that weapon is used against someone wrongly?

There's my answer for you.

You tell me why that won't work.

BC.

Stalin, Mao, and Hilter just LOVE the idea of registration and licensing. Crack open a history book my friend and read what happens after a population wide registration (confiscation). Continue reading that history book and read what happens after confiscation (genocide, democide, famine). Yeah, that sounds GREAT. Just what the founding fathers were trying to avoid. You're not as smart as you think. Your idea creates tyranny. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Open carry is legal and fine in my state however our residents (well educated) are way above such things. The folks who like to show off their rights come from other states to show us how its done.
smirk.gif

Typical liberal response. We are "more educated" than you dumb rednecks. Only dumb rednecks carry guns.

Sure pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back