Infiniti G37 sedan -- brake pedal failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is more to this story. I want to know like others have said is this the physical pedal assembly itself, the flat metal pad or rubber cover that you put your foot on, the metal arm, or the mounting point where the metal arm is mounted into the bracket?

I almost wonder if this car was in an accident and had serious damage that is located around that area?

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
I think there is more to this story. I want to know like others have said is this the physical pedal assembly itself, the flat metal pad or rubber cover that you put your foot on, the metal arm, or the mounting point where the metal arm is mounted into the bracket?

I almost wonder if this car was in an accident and had serious damage that is located around that area?

It wouldn't matter if the part that has broken has been replaced multiple times under warranty. It should NEVER break. Period. Full stop.

Of course not. I wasn't suggesting that it should have. However, something isn't adding up and accident damage in that area which was improperly repaired could lead to an unusual failure. Fact is that I can't recount how many times when someone posts a situation like this we often times don't get the entire situation explained or important details are left out.

Last edited:

Of course not. I wasn't suggesting that it should have. However, something isn't adding up and accident damage in that area which was improperly repaired could lead to an unusual failure. Fact is that I can't recount how many times when someone posts a situation like this we often times don't get the entire situation explained or important details are left out.

Regardless of accident damage, we are talking about the brake pedal assembly, which should never break. I agree that it is an unusual failure but not because of the potential circumstances that surround it but rather the fact that a part that should never fail is apparently doing so.

Once it's out warranty either weld a plate on the pedal to prevent it from breaking or leave it as is, and when you get into an accident sue Infiniti.

My mom's Ford Focus's gas pedal fell off at 40k miles.

Fair questions. I'd have the same.

On this car, there were no accidents or repairs prior to the first failure. Not sure what exactly is breaking, but it's part of the pedal assembly where it mounts to the firewall.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Once it's out warranty either weld a plate on the pedal to prevent it from breaking or leave it as is, and when you get into an accident sue Infiniti.

No way is he keeping this car a day longer than he has to. I don't think the prospect of suing Infiniti mitigates the fear of an accident.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

No way is he keeping this car a day longer than he has to. I don't think the prospect of suing Infiniti mitigates the fear of an accident.

Yep, it isn't worth it, you might end up severely injured or dead, and that money won't help you one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back