BITOG blasphemy, didn't sample during OC . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, changed the oil in my Ducati a couple weeks ago and totally didn't capture a sample for analysis. I didn't remember until the sump was about done draining, "[censored] I meant to get a sample". The Blackstone kit remains on the shelf.

Can there be forgiveness?

The opportunity lost was 4000 mile Silkolene Pro 4 15W50 ester base.

Be gentle.

Narrow is the road of wisdom while the wide road leadeth to destruction. There is... a house.... in New Orleans........ Go ye therefore and sample virtuously.

Purchase the oil and filter for your next oil change now and wrap them together with your sample bottle. Then tape a note on your fuel tank along with a reminder on the refrigerator and the bathroom mirror just like the one you attach to your tool box which is a duplicate of the screen saver you create for your PC and a similar one for your smartphone along with a popup message that you must click off any time you make or receive a call. That should be a start.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
You sir, are not alone!

you'd be amazed the number of times in any given week I remember too late that i was going to do something....

this past monday I was going to do a test run of engine block cooking on a short trip i was taking (~45min on the interstate, planned on trying a couple Hotdogs) remembered about 1/2 way to my destination. Expletive!

for those wondering about what i mean by test run:
I want to try and cook a small roast on an upcoming 10hr drive.(will be just me, so .5-1lb of meat with some small potatoes, onion and garlic, never cared for cooked carrots)

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Yep, changed the oil in my Ducati a couple weeks ago and totally didn't capture a sample for analysis. I didn't remember until the sump was about done draining, "[censored] I meant to get a sample". The Blackstone kit remains on the shelf.

Can there be forgiveness?

The opportunity lost was 4000 mile Silkolene Pro 4 15W50 ester base.

Be gentle.

Contrary to what others here may say, you alone are the only one here you need to worry about making any retribution for forgetting to take the oil sample.

OK, let the flames begin.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Purchase the oil and filter for your next oil change now and wrap them together with your sample bottle. Then tape a note on your fuel tank along with a reminder on the refrigerator and the bathroom mirror just like the one you attach to your tool box which is a duplicate of the screen saver you create for your PC and a similar one for your smartphone along with a popup message that you must click off any time you make or receive a call. That should be a start.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back