Harley Softail Slim S and Fatboy S 110ci Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On August 21st American Iron magazine had an article up for one day that basically revealed The Motor Company is going to put the 110ci (1802cc) motor into two add'l Softail offerings as the Softail Slim S and Fatboy S. This interests me because I've posted before about my like fot the Slim, it just looks great when dressed in matte black. Well, the two possible new S versions may not only have the 110 but the motor will be blacked to go with the Black Denim (matte) black paint and pipes. I'm liking this a lot.

Before I go further, let's PLEASE not let this devolve into a bash-o-matic thread. Critique of whether or not the possible offerings are good move by HD or whatever, sure, but general bashing of the brand let's avoid that. As I hope is obvious from prior posts I've made, I tend to have interest in most bikes.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/industry-leak-is-harleys-110-twin-cam-going-into-new-bikes?

I read this on Cycle World online. I'm curious about the price, and if it will be offered in other models?

It isn't a rumor.

The Fat Boy S and Slim S have the 110 for 2016.

16-hd-softail-slim-s-1@x2.jpg

Softail Slim S

Also Available in Vivid Black
16-hd-fat-boy-s-1@x2.jpg

Fat Boy S

Available in Vivid Black and Black Denim

Last edited:
Also, all Softails and most Dyna's get the HO103. Since the HO103 is throttle by wire, cruise control is finally available on a non CVO softail. Standard on the Deluxe and Heritage.

Speculation is ripe that there will be a kit to add it to other models.

Wait, what? is the Slim S not available in Black Denim?

Local Harley shop has one of the 2016 Slim S's in the WWII Army look on the floor. It looks very cool, but to me it also looks like its trying *too* hard for retro appeal. I mean, I like it, but I don't know.... can't put my finger it.... Maybe I'd tire of the retro Army theme after a few yrs, but then that's why God made custom paint shops.

You got from "rumor" to "in the flesh" pretty fast.

I like the olive denim slim, if I didn't already have a newish bike, that would be in the running.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
You got from "rumor" to "in the flesh" pretty fast.

I like the olive denim slim, if I didn't already have a newish bike, that would be in the running.

I hadn't inquired about the 2016 on the floor yesterday, I was there in the afternoon with a couple friends and was just hanging out, saw the Slim S but didn't know it had the 110. I get regular emails from revzilla in my inbox and this morning had one with the featured link. I read it but didn't relate the retro army Slim I saw yesterday to being one of the S's the article was talking about. Probably because I don't follow Harley news and developments. So, I guess you could say I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Last night's beers didn't help my cognitive process this a.m. either . . . ;~)

You're not the only one wishing they came in other colors.

OTOH, be pretty easy to get denim black tins too... and cheaper than putting all the black on a regular slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back