2006 Jaguar Vanden Plas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been around in a while, but about a year ago I sold my 2004 GTO, picked up a 2006 Vanden Plas, sold the 2000 Jaguar S-Type, and inherited a 2004 Lincoln LS V8 from my late father in law.

Anyway, the place I work at stopped servicing their fleet Jaguars and LS's about 6 years ago. We don't have them in fleet anymore. They gave me the 20+ filters they had to service them, Motorcraft filters, so those are being put to use on both cars.

I already know the answer, but still curious to opinions. Any holes in my idea to run Castrol Edge 5w30 in both cars with Motorcraft filters? The LS calls for 5w20 and I had been running Mobil 1 0w40 in the Jaguar, but I would prefer for ease of stock just running the same oil in both cars and Castrol Edge can be had for $22 in 5 qt jugs from Walmart.

The LS requires 5w20. 5w30 should work just fine, especially if weather is warm. 0w40 too!

The VP requires? oil chart/temp list? supercharged?

If the Jaguar can take the 5w30, then use it everywhere.

Since you are already using the 0w40 in the Jag, why not use 0w40 in the LS. Castrol 0w40 is also $22/jug for now.

The jag is the NA 4.2 and my local Walmart doesn't have the 40 wt variants. The Jag calls for 5w30.

5/30 is fine for the AJ-V8.

The Lincoln engine is a reduced feature AJ-V8. 5/30 will be fine in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back