Reporter/cameraman killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

The gun shop / pawn shop doesn't care if buyer has mental problems. They were all acting CooCoo before shooting.

Sure they do, but they have no ability to test and see what and how mental illness manifests itself. People who are mentally ill can appear very normal at times.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
@InfmousCornholio The gun business is big, they donate a lot of money to the politicians' election campaigns.

So, nothing is going to change. Innocent people are still going to get killed in large numbers.
More people yearly get killed by drunk drivers. Idiots on their cell phones and medical malpractice and so???

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
@InfmousCornholio The gun business is big, they donate a lot of money to the politicians' election campaigns.

So, nothing is going to change. Innocent people are still going to get killed in large numbers.
More people yearly get killed by drunk drivers. Idiots on their cell phones and medical malpractice and so???

Actually you would be wrong, less people are killed by drunk drivers and idiots on cell phones than guns. Now more people are killed by cars than guns, but that might change in the next couple of years.

2015cargundeathgraph672.jpg

figure_02.gif

Originally Posted By: bammer5609
I live in a country where I do not fear walking the streets, going to the mall, to a movie, to a food court, driving my car, going to church, work, and sleeping at night in my home. I do not fear for my family and friends. I don't have to look over my shoulder to see who is walking in the door or wonder if that person is carrying a gun. I do not own a gun, but I do like to shoot one every now and then at the range. I am not against guns, but it would not bother me if the world did not have them. The problem is not just about guns and the right to have one, it is the nations attitude. This is what needs to change. If you feel the need to carry a loaded gun 24/7, to me that is a fear, and I am so glad I don't have to live in that fear that someone else is going to kill me if I don't kill him first. To many people have died in crime and by accident. Live in peace, not fear.
I live in the same country as you, but I would prefer to have the option of CCW. I would be one of the first to sign up for it.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I love the alarm commercials where the women are home with the kids. Perp breaks down door. Alarm goes off. Helpful yet stern voice challenges perp, assuring him the police have been notified. Perp quickly flees. Would be victims embrace.

37.gif

LOL I always laugh when I see that commercial!! Such a joke to think that alarm will save you.

Last edited:
I am not taking away your right to own a gun.
Please explain why you need a 30 round magazine.
The police and military need them for the situations they get into.
Why do you?

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Why do you?
Its not about "need" its about want. 30rnd mags fun to unload when blasting!

Bet the crazy at Sandy Hook was thinking that when he was blasting
If he only had 10 rounds or so think how many young kids would be alive today.

He probably would have just brought more mags.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Actually you would be wrong, less people are killed by drunk drivers and idiots on cell phones than guns. Now more people are killed by cars than guns, but that might change in the next couple of years.

That includes suicides though. The actual firearm homicide rate is much lower.

I did however find this statistic alarming:

gun-deaths-childrens-defense-fund-race-black-children.png

From here:

https://publichealthwatch.wordpress.com/...ren-in-america/

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

He probably would have just brought more mags.
Exactly.

Why do you?

3+ attackers each possibly with 10+ rounds, thats why. Here is an example

Last edited:

The average NY City police officer in a fire fight misses the perpetrator four out of five shots. On average it takes two "hits" to stop a perpetrator (more if he is fired up on drugs or alcohol). Assuming you are as well trained as a NYC police officer while shooting at a moving target in the dark, it may well take 10 shots to stop a single home intruder. Three intruders equals 30 rounds.

Or put another way, if three intruders break into your house and you have a 15 round pistol and a 30 round AR15, which would you grab?

The last thing you want is to run out of ammunition in a fight for your life. Better to have more than you need than less.

Tom NJ

Why do you?

I can think of a couple of situations that come to mind off the top of my head!

The result would have been little different with even a single-shot bolt action, or a break-open shotgun.

That's a very slippery slope. What else can we apply this "need" based logic to? If I'm offended by a certain religion, can we say it's not needed and ban it? Maybe certain people don't need to protest, and we should stop them. If someone makes a valid argument against you voting, would you be OK with that? Maybe we should extend that logic to automobiles. You have to prove you need a car or truck before you buy it. A single person would have no need for a medium car, and would be restricted to a car like the CRZ.

Why do you?

In case I need to shoot something thirty times.

Why do you?

Please explain which of Mayor Bloomberg's anti gun groups you are affiliated with.

You should ask them for better training.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: dishdude

That includes suicides though. The actual firearm homicide rate is much lower.

I did however find this statistic alarming:

gun-deaths-childrens-defense-fund-race-black-children.png

From here:

https://publichealthwatch.wordpress.com/...ren-in-america/

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back