Maxlife 5w40 full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: finmile
For me the specifications doesn't look too great.

MaxLife products are for older vehicles. Obsolete specs, many of which no longer have certification programs, are what MaxLife is all about.

Excellent point! I had never thought it from that perspective.

it's good but for engines that are high mileage and consuming oil like my VVT-I, I heard it's better to use heavier oil like this 5w40 (cSt 100c - 14.2 , 40c - 87) to reduce consumption and better protection. I'm currently using royal purple HPS 5w30 and it consumes oil like hell1. gonna change the PCV valve and oil soon, hopefully that will help ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HangFire
MaxLife products are for older vehicles. Obsolete specs, many of which no longer have certification programs, are what MaxLife is all about.

MaxLife Full Syn 5w-30 meets numerous current specs including SN, GF-5, and dexos

I can't think of a better HM oil, especially for an oil burner.

Seems like it would be more gentle on the cats compared to the Mobil 1 HM.

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX

Seems like it would be more gentle on the cats compared to the Mobil 1 HM.

On the other hand, it will give less protection for probably having less zinc and zddp contents, assuming it's SM (maxlife 5w40) vs SL (mobil1 HM)

Concerning a modern VVT-i engine...

I feel like you would be better served by an SN, GF-5, and dexos oil ... compared to an SL

It's not really a modern one.. corolla 2001 first generation VVTi engine that has the oil consumption issue with almost 200,000km (~125k miles)
I will probably go with the maxlife 5w40 SM , mobil1 is not available here anyways..

My mistake the maxlife 5w40 and the mobil1 10w40 HM are both SN .. probably the requirements for w40 are lower because mobil1 w30 are SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back