Blackstone Labs Sample Trunaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-5 days is different from what they say on their website. I come from the school of "promise what you can deliver and deliver what you promise." They haven't delivered, and our business relationship is over.

Are you sure they received your sample? Did you confirm with tracking number?

I doubt they have your sample if its been more than a few days. The post office likes to hold them hostage if you don't use a box.

Best thing to do is mail in a small box and pad it well. Then answer no to the question when it asks if its perishable or hazardous.

I'm in Ohio, so postage is usually quick, and I typically get my results back in just over a week after I send out the sample. Out of the 20 or so samples I've sent their way, I can recall only 2 that took considerably longer than that - coming back in over 2 weeks. I assume they get busier than usual at times, and I can live with a little delay for a 25 buck analysis.

--Matt

I've never had one take over 3 days after they received it. Usually only one or two.

Now that I said that the two they got Friday will probably take a month or something.

I second the "are you sure they received it?"

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Are you sure they received your sample? Did you confirm with tracking number?

I doubt they have your sample if its been more than a few days. The post office likes to hold them hostage if you don't use a box.

Best thing to do is mail in a small box and pad it well. Then answer no to the question when it asks if its perishable or hazardous.

+1. In the dozen or so I've sent in over the past 5 or 6 years, I get results via email within 2 days of arrival. And they called me the one time results indicated a serious problem. For the few that I do, it's hardly a deal breaker to pack in a small box and send via trackable USPS flat rate. For the price and ease of doing business, they're hard to beat.
Kevin

They do seem to have slowed somewhat. In the past year or so, they've been taking about 3-4 business days AFTER receipt to get me my report by email. Prior to that it was usually 1-2 business days after receipt. I use USPS Priority Mail, so these numbers are legit, because I can see exactly when they receive.

My experience is 1 to 2 days after they receive it. I just sent in a sample last week. USPS says they received it last Friday, so I expect a report by close of business Monday or Tuesday.

I live an hour drive from them, the last sample i sent in (no i didn't pay for tracking, and sent it the cheapest way..) was about 3 weeks from the time i handed it to postal clerk, until i got the results.

if it was truly the post offices fault, i could have walked it to blackstone faster.

I have sent 24 samples to Blackstone and all but one were done the same day of delivery. The one exception was done the second day.

I track all of my samples and I have had some take wild, cross country rides and some seemed to vanish for days. Once delivered, they are quick to complete testing.

My sample was sent via UPS and delivered at 10:15 AM on Wednesday 26 August. Per their website, results should have been received the next day, 27 August. I never expected that, but two days later on 28 August seemed reasonable.

As of 30 August there is no charge or authorization on my credit card, so either they are running slow or something has gone wrong.

Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy
My sample was sent via UPS and delivered at 10:15 AM on Wednesday 26 August.

Originally Posted By: R80RS
I just sent in a sample last week.

Either of you hear anything today?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
August 28, 2015 , 7:35 am
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
FORT WAYNE, IN 46806

Nothing today.

Or today - I knew I was going to jynx it...

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

Originally Posted By: R80RS
I just sent in a sample last week.

Either of you hear anything today?

Nope. Logged into my account and nothing on my latest sample as of Tuesday 9-1. They received it last Friday morning, so this was day 2, not counting the day they received it. I'm not worried, but this is atypically long based on their turnaround of my other 10 or so samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back