Yahoo mail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to clean up the files in my Yahoo mail. In one of the folders called PEOPLE, I have over 4,000 kept files. I am unable to delete them as a bunch like I can dump the Trash etc. I can delete them individually but, with over 4,000, I want to do a complete dump. Is there a solution to this problem that anyone would care to share? Ed Hayes

All the email are deleted in the SENT & TRASH folders but, when I go to the "Smart folder" and see people, there are 4K + files. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I am trying to clean up the files in my Yahoo mail. In one of the folders called PEOPLE, I have over 4,000 kept files. I am unable to delete them as a bunch like I can dump the Trash etc. I can delete them individually but, with over 4,000, I want to do a complete dump. Is there a solution to this problem that anyone would care to share? Ed Hayes

Check the box next to the first email. Scroll down to the last email that you want to delete. Press and hold the shift key while checking the box on that email. It should check every email between the start and end email. Right click and delete.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Yikes no need for some many emails. Can you try and delete by search words, sent from, etc...

What is wrong with keeping records?

I NEVER use web based email, always Outlook, so I automatically have a backup once email downloaded into client.

I got email going back 8 years in Outlook. What is wrong with this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back