Valvoline Oil Filter marketing material

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their server is running a Commador 64 processor when trying to download the PDF version.

What's that [censored]-looking website you're linking too? Neither TrendMicro nor Web of Trust have any reputation ranking for it. I'm not clicking it.

^^^ I clicked it ... nothing popped up from my security software.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ I clicked it ... nothing popped up from my security software.

Same here, no issues and opens right up.

Link worked fine for me as well. I'm not using any antivirus though. LOL. I haven't used any in 10 years.... just saying.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
What's that [censored]-looking website you're linking too? Neither TrendMicro nor Web of Trust have any reputation ranking for it. I'm not clicking it.

Nothing wrong with this site.
Its used by various companies to post their marketing material and share. google the site you will see infinite results from various companies. No main homepage of course....

I wouldnt bother with surf guards. No human actually verifies anything its all computer algorithms. Its mostly there to block illegal downloading sites that "pose" threat to society.

Last edited:
They should be. They're available up here, and I don't think we manufacture enough filters in Canada to have a bunch that the U.S. doesn't get.
wink.gif
I've even got some in my garage.

I wonder if they're the kind used at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change locations. Like the VO-106 on my Sonata.

Wemay: I still see the Puro made white with navy blue scheme in them. Majority I see are the yellow ones though. Check out the rons of Valvoline filters I posted and I'll have more very soon

Stay tuned ;-)

Originally Posted By: car51
Wemay: I still see the Puro made white with navy blue scheme in them. Majority I see are the yellow ones though. Check out the rons of Valvoline filters I posted and I'll have more very soon

Stay tuned ;-)

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
I wouldnt bother with surf guards. No human actually verifies anything its all computer algorithms. Its mostly there to block illegal downloading sites that "pose" threat to society.

No, WoT is crowd-sourced. You can submit information through the browser plugin.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Link worked fine for me as well. I'm not using any antivirus though. LOL. I haven't used any in 10 years.... just saying.

10 years ago, the average malware was WAAAAY more blatant. Constant popups, search redirects, toolbars, et cetera. 15 years ago it was even worse than that. But even in the "olden days", there was a considerable subset of nasty programs which hid themselves a lot better. Look up how rootkits work. They literally hide their files and processes from your OS. The only halfway-reliable way to find them is an offline scan. So how sure are you that you're secure? Lenovo just got called out on the rug because they had a BIOS that was causing their Lenovo-branded junkware to be re-installed automatically after every reboot, even if you reinstalled Windows. And there have been a number of proofs of concept showing that graphics cards, RAID cards, network cards, etc can be used similarly to cause a persistent infection.

27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back