Jeep Patriot Weird Tire Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Would your tire shop install Tire Rack tires? Would that total be less than DT?
They'll install anything, just a corner Mexican tire shop, my preferred local place. $5 to spin on a tire, $10 to mount and balance. Cash only type of place.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Best of luck Nick, let us know what you end up with
cheers3.gif

Thanks, I'll post back with what I get. I'll go over to the tire shop tomorrow.

My favorite tire store when I was in high school would install four nice used tires, mounted and balanced for only $80 to $100. I used them a lot in school until I got a real job and could afford better.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Nick, does grandma need 1, 2, or 4 tires? You say she's driving on a compact spare?
The problem is the tires are getting pretty low on tread. They're the factory Goodyears with 50k on them, still somewhat usable but at the wear bars. A car accident (someone else) on their corner street left some glass and stuff in the road that she ran over, caused the tire to go flat and the sidewall is screwed up, not safe to use even if it were able to be patched. I figure I'll get 2 tires to match as a pair for the front or rear since it isn't 4x4. A family friend changed her tire to the donut.

you cant change tires sizes between axles all kinds of wonky abs or other issues can crop up.

so you need 2 hard to find factory size or 4 new(or used) tires the same size

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
She can get four new Michelin Defender's in the 215/65/16 size for $484, we are talking under $500.00 freakin' bucks here, get off the wallet!!

Wanna come and run my life too, from up there in the great white north? A post like that, when the whole story was unknown.

What a stupid post. Why don't you buy 'em?... you just bought a new car. You can obviously afford it.

Yet comically, after we further discussed it sounds like he probably WILL be buying her tires. My response, was, like others in the thread, based on the fact that the vehicle was relatively new and usually, if somebody can afford a relatively new vehicle, they can afford tires for it. It wasn't until later in the thread that further details regarding her situation were put forward and I revised my recommendation accordingly.

And no, I certainly wouldn't want to run your life, you are too PO'd most of the time, you'd be an absolute ball of misery to deal with if your posts on here are any example of what you are like in real life.

And, if Nick is honestly unable to make this purchase I'm sure a few of us on BITOG could chip in and help him out, I donate $50.00 to this board every year, I'm certain I could provide at least that much toward helping somebody out in having a safe vehicle when her spouse is dying of cancer. You want to help too or would you rather chirp me and the fact I bought a new car?

No ill chirp in that you got rid of an E 39.... Crazy Canadian!

Count me in for $ 50 too. I just wrote my fathers eulogy. He died from cancer..Nick's case sounds like it needs a little help from others so more than happy to help out.

It's 2WD so it isn't critical that all 4 be the same size. There's nothing on the used tire market right now. Was trying to find *something* for winter tires for my Jeep in either 15 or 16 ... no luck.

Have you checked DTD and Tires-Easy for a 215/65-16 tire? Some sizes are just super expensive.

When I had the Taurus that used 215/60-16 it was rare and super expensive. Now every mid size seems to use them.

I'd try to get her off the donut ASAP. But she lives on the other side of the country right?

Originally Posted By: Miller88
It's 2WD so it isn't critical that all 4 be the same size. There's nothing on the used tire market right now. Was trying to find *something* for winter tires for my Jeep in either 15 or 16 ... no luck.

Have you checked DTD and Tires-Easy for a 215/65-16 tire? Some sizes are just super expensive.

When I had the Taurus that used 215/60-16 it was rare and super expensive. Now every mid size seems to use them.

I'd try to get her off the donut ASAP. But she lives on the other side of the country right?
All of my family lives here in Phoenix. When I get out of classes today I'll go to the tire shop and see what they've got.

Thanks for the help guys, I didn't end up needing an oddball size. They had the unicorn tire, a Goodyear Eagle LS2 (same as other tires) that's 2 years newer than the current tires in the correct 205/70-16.

The current tires should make it another 6 months.

2je35fs.jpg

2b6vkm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back