10 Camry AMSOIL OE 0w-20, 11,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil filter was an AMSOIL EAO15k02, oil is OE 0w-20 ran for 11k miles. Previous oil fills are all OE 0w-20. I got lazy and just posted a picture this time. This is in a 2010 Camry that a good friend owns and runs her grand kids all over the place with. The time frame on the oil is about 6 months. I checked the oil level and it was down on the stick about half way.

I know fuels dilute with Blackstone has been a topic of discussion. Their method supposedly doesn't show a true fuel dilution. Which if is the case this oil is severely diluted. At least that is how I'm understanding it. If so it still didn't do to bad.

In general I think Blackstone does an excellent job.

I would keep the Camry on a 10-11k mile OCI on the OE and not loose any sleep. My dad runs OE in his 2010 F150 4.6L and changes it out every 10k miles. His engine is clean and happy at 150k miles.

He's used OE for the last few years now. It's a great underrated oil.

No problems here I see right away
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Rat407
I know fuels dilute with Blackstone has been a topic of discussion. Their method supposedly doesn't show a true fuel dilution. Which if is the case this oil is severely diluted. At least that is how I'm understanding it. If so it still didn't do to bad.
What? Viscosity was exactly where it was supposed to be. This is a near perfect UOA result. Low wear on high miles, adequate TBN, viscosity perfect, I'm seeing no negatives here. Amsoil is just quality stuff, seen it time and time again, although Toyota engines do tend to make a lot of oils look good!

Last edited:
Many here claim 0-5-20 wt oils will result in shorter engine life due to less protection. This report, as are others, doesn't seem to support their claims.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Many here claim 0-5-20 wt oils will result in shorter engine life due to less protection. This report, as are others, doesn't seem to support their claims.

+1. Also many stress over whether the oil is PAO based etc. This UOA and plenty others have shown group III "synthetics" are some of the best oils on the market.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Originally Posted By: Rat407
What? Viscosity was exactly where it was supposed to be. This is a near perfect UOA result. Low wear on high miles, adequate TBN, viscosity perfect, I'm seeing no negatives here. Amsoil is just quality stuff, seen it time and time again, although Toyota engines do tend to make a lot of oils look good!

+1 on all accounts ExMachina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back