Liqui moly additives? Are they good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using the stuff for about a month in my Civic ... and all signs point to significant mileage gains. Another tankful or two and I'll post some results here.

I just ordered a 2nd can for the S2000.

Seeing that you will instantly see grey on the dipstick when using the additive at the 1 ounce (50ml) per quart treat rate, I suspect the ppm is much greater than 200-300. Or, possibly, the visible bits are merely counted as "insolubles" making the PPM count mostly irrelevant.

My dad used Lubro Moly Motor Oil Saver along with VML to stop a RMS leak in his 06 4.6 V8 LTC.
Can LMMOS be added to any engine oil in general to boost the moly, even though there are no leaks or any other oil related problems with the engine?

o93502.jpg

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
My dad used Lubro Moly Motor Oil Saver along with VML to stop a RMS leak in his 06 4.6 V8 LTC.
Can LMMOS be added to any engine oil in general to boost the moly, even though there are no leaks or any other oil related problems with the engine?

o93502.jpg

Yes.

I suggest only using in a daily driver.

Originally Posted By: Crashbox
I'd probably give the Lubro-Moly MoS2 stuff a try if I didn't have a bunch of Henkel SLA-1286 MoS2 additive on hand.

Can you define that in English terms?
53nr4o.jpg

Google "Henkel SLA-1286" and you'll see some references to it. It's mainly for use by oil formulators, but I happened to snag a gallon of it from someone who had a fair amount of it on hand. It contains about 30% molybdenum disulfide (MoS2).

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
Seeing that you will instantly see grey on the dipstick when using the additive at the 1 ounce (50ml) per quart treat rate, I suspect the ppm is much greater than 200-300. Or, possibly, the visible bits are merely counted as "insolubles" making the PPM count mostly irrelevant.

1 fluid ounce ~ 30 ml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back