A GOOD full iphone 5c case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballistic makes some great cases. They have several different styles and levels of protection. I've never had an iPhone, but I've had their cases for a few different Android phones and been very happy with them.

If you need protection from water, Lifeproof is the only way to go.

I've had a speck case on my 5c for over a year. Phone and case are like new yet. I went with the speck at the time because it was an open box reduced price item at Target. I got it for $7-8 IIRC.

Isn't it ridiculous what these cases are selling for? The manufacturers all laughing all the way to the bank.

Darling bride just picked up an Otter Box Symmetry case for her new 5s. It was either $35 or $39. For pennies worth of plastic. Ugh.. It's about identical in design to my speck case.

Originally Posted By: JTK
I've had a speck case on my 5c for over a year. Phone and case are like new yet. I went with the speck at the time because it was an open box reduced price item at Target. I got it for $7-8 IIRC.

Isn't it ridiculous what these cases are selling for? The manufacturers all laughing all the way to the bank.

Darling bride just picked up an Otter Box Symmetry case for her new 5s. It was either $35 or $39. For pennies worth of plastic. Ugh.. It's about identical in design to my speck case.

Is your spek two side coverage? Aka "covers it all"

Although you said other than Otterbox, I highly recommend it. I could probably throw my iPhone against the wall and it would be fine.

Just gotta look and wait for sales. I got mine for $15 on sale online.

My wife's phone in a $25 defender case(ugly) in stairwell at work free falling two stories between railings before hitting the stairs and bouncing down a flight of concrete stairs thereafter.

It rebooted when she picked it up and she noticed a slight chip in her iPhone5. I'd highly recommend one.

I've always kept my phones in sena ultra skin leather cases. Minimal additional thickness.

My work uses 5c phones and we spend a lot of time out in rural undeveloped lots. The phones get dropped in the dirt, bumped, kicked (accidentally of course). The Otterbox is the way to go, you can find them pretty cheap on Ebay. Paid under $10 for one for my Wife's personal 5c.

I have a Speck Mighty Shell + Faceplate (You can get the mighty shell with or without the face plate but if you want full coverage as i did you need the face plate) on an Iphone 6. I previously had an Otterbox Defender on a 5S. So far I prefer the Speck as it added less bulk to the phone plus the face plate has better clarity than the screen protector of the Otterbox. I think the Otterbox case may offer overall more protection of the phone but believe the Speck is more than adequate protection for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back