Price of Firestone Lifetime Alignment Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dkryan

Speaking of which, if Tires Plus, Tire Kingdom, Firestone, et al, are all rip-offs in your area, just who DO you use for tire and suspension work?

For tires it's either Cosco or the stearlership...The Ford stealer will match any price...For alignment it's the stearlership...They do the best alignment at a reasonable price as I am always getting things in the mail for discounts for stuff like that from Ford and I can watch my car the entire time the stearlership works on it.

I haven't needed any other suspension work on any of my Panthers...But if I do I finally found a honest independent who will do the work if needed...His hours are limited but I have no problem renting a car for a day if needed.

Firestone said they're offering me a 159 alignment for this month as a promotion andIit ends at thw end of august. Should I get it? There's also a web coupon for 20 dollars off so I could maybe get it for 139. But does firestone do a good job or no and will they force you to make repairs you don't need if you get an alignment from them? I heard sears also has a lifetime alignment program. Is that any better or no?

Chevron techron became techron concentrated and the pro gard became techron toobut not concentrated with a 1000 mile use Iinterval, right? And how do u get to the back spark plugs on a v6 ford? I changed my 4 cyl camry spark plugs and it was easy but the back ones on a taurus seem hard to do. Oreillys said to get a universail joint for my socket so it can swivel around. Is thst right? Is there anything else I need and I had trouble with dropping the pan on the 09 taurus. Where is it and is it sideways? Also i saw a large 16oz permatex anti seize spray for spark plugs and that's larger than the small packets they usually sell but is it worth it? Or do you prefer the small packets and are there any intemediate sizes between the large spraycan and the small packets and if so, where are they sold? Thanks.

Back in my college days I had a beater with a twisted frame, and I got one of those 12-pack alignment coupons from Firestone for $99 IIRC. Man, I got my money's worth out of that! I would get them to start the alignment, take it home and replace the usual ball joint, tie rod end or whatever, bring it back to have them finish it, if it was in the same day it was all good. My car must have gone up on the lift 20 times for those 12 alignment coupons.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
Chevron techron became techron concentrated and the pro gard became techron toobut not concentrated with a 1000 mile use Iinterval, right?

Engineer20, you'll get more replies if you post this question in the correct subform, Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel.

Our local Firestone is incapable of doing a proper alignment, OK is about all you get.

Alignments don't change unless something bends or parts wear, I don't see the need for one unless you start seeing unusual tire wear.

Firestone is a rip off joint locally.

That being said they can refuse to align due to "questionable" parts they "need" to replace. Be wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back