Oh! Oh! Let me! Let me!

CAS 68649-11-6

And... if the "2" in SpectraSyn 2 confuses him:

SpectraSyn 2

or

Synfluid

grin.gif

Ed

WRONG, the CAS# for the 1-dimer Decenoate Hydrogen according to the patent material is 25339-53-1 in the not the decene Molakule and Shannow made you in error (since yer @ most googler), take note a do re-search! You search went to Exxon Mobil!!! The Fluid in case is made by TOTAL ELF!!!
And there is no mention to Cst in the apocrifical and not applicable material you presented. nd don't be fool SpectraSyn2 is just an enhanced Spectrasyn, not a 2 Cst spectrasyn. o you got confused or/and sofismatic.

Take note CAS#25339-53-1, not that one for Spectrasyn ...

1-DECENOATE HYDROGEN DIMER (for a 2Cst, if Molakule is certain of the base used) / CAS#25339-53-1 / STRUCTURAL FORMULA: CH3-CH=CH-(CH2)8-CH3a

I see you guys never heard of LDS fluid (made by TOTAL), before this thread ...

Brought to you, by Pontual.

CAS 25339-53-1 is for the chemical Decene. The PAO with CAS 68649-11-6 is a dimer(two molecules) of Decene. The "1" in the name refers to the position of the double bond.

CAS numbers are specific to the compound and have nothing to do with the the manufacturer. Had you looked at the links I provided, the one labeled "Synfluid", would take you to the exact same CAS, same base oil, manufactured by Chevron Phillips.

The link labeled "SpectraSyn 2" takes you to the product data sheet that clearly states the viscosity as 1.7 and Chevron Phillips is a 2 cSt PAO fluid.

Synfluid
SpectraSyn 2

Ed

No, one (1) molecule make a substance. 2 or more molecules just gives more of such substance. That's not even chemistry, but basic physics. Come on, you late guys are really weak! CAS# difference should be different componente. And, the 1 dimer is AFAIK, the position of the H in the molecule.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
I see you guys never heard of LDS fluid (made by TOTAL), before this thread ...

...Now, give us this patent number that you so strongly stake your argument on, and make sure it is relevant to the discussion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pontual
Now appears that CAS 64***-**-6 is actually 1.7 cst, indeed. As I said from begining LDS could have other cst vis base than 2. That a hunch That's 1.7 Spectrasyn2 is not 2. If Molakule knew about the Fluide LDS, why didn't you chimed in before Jetronic?

Just throw it in the engine and let it make an ester
grin2.gif

MOLAKULE, you ask to stop quoting on patents, now someone wants it and you endorse? What is it with you?

I'll give a chewed up study on the matters of decenes: dimers, trimers, and all that fancy stuff I said in that post that made everybody go Hummm ...

Access to this document from OECD SIDS "HIGHER OLEFINS" I bring to the Board:

There a lot of material there for you to try to contradict, if you will, haha.

http://www.inchem.org/documents/sids/sids/HigherOlefins.pdf

Enjoy

Originally Posted By: Pontual

No, one (1) molecule make a substance. 2 or more molecules just gives more of such substance. That's not even chemistry, but basic physics. Come on, you late guys are really weak! CAS# difference should be different componente. And, the 1 dimer is AFAIK, the position of the H in the molecule.

You do realize that you are trying to tell a retired analytical/research chemist what is and what is not chemistry?

Poly Alpha Olefins are synthetic molecules built from smaller alpha olefins. In this case, two 1-Decene molecules. Poly is many(in this case two), alpha meaning the double bond is between the first and second carbon atoms.

Here is the structure of Decene:
http://chem.sis.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/rn/25339-53-1

Here is 1-Decene, dimer, hydrogenated: the 2 cSt PAO under discussion
http://chem.sis.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/rn/68649-11-6

Ed

So, congratulations to Ray B! He won by answering the question of that day, weeks ago.

The further discussion was just a "lawyering" stuff. Cas closed.

Just

Last edited:
...Now, give us this patent number that you so strongly stake your argument on, and make sure it is relevant to the discussion.

The only conclusion is the so-called patent is NOT relevant to his case nor does it support his premise.

Ponty, you're 0 and 2 man.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Yep, bought it just for you.

Now if you'll just send me your credit card number and address we'll get it to you in 3 to 5 days.
smile.gif

If you bought to me, I'd say thank you, but wouldn't supply my cc #. I'm collecting books right now for my personal library. It has 500+ volumes already. I just pm you the address.

Last edited:
Totalerg Hydrosyn Universal
Havoline CHL 8642
Valvoline SYNpower PSF
Pentosin CHF-11S
Nulon Multi-Vehicle PSF
Mitan Alpine ZHF
Fuchs Titan ZH 4300B
VW Audi G002 000

No, but it is an approved CHF-11S equivalent that I came across locally back when I had my Audi. The data sheet is eluding me right now, thanks to some 404 errors on the febi page. I believe there is also a Lubro-Moly equivalent, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back